• Yahoo Instant Messenger - nolegirl290@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Waitlist movement - post here!
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2005, 02:13:42 PM »
Congrats fred!

« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2005, 02:20:50 PM »

Thanks! UCLA has been my top pick, since I live in LA now and want to practice here; and I was definitely down about the prospect of moving. I was very aggressive with them after they waitlisted me -- figured they'd either have to let me in or take out a restraining order!

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nolegirl290@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2005, 02:25:09 PM »
Ha! Good for you. Way to go after what you want and get it! Enjoy.

« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2005, 04:29:51 PM »
ambs, you got in? congratulations!!!!! that's awesome. good for you. you should go for sure so i can live vicaroulsy ;) yay!

Ambs

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2005, 04:47:50 PM »
Thanks beeline. I wish you were going too :-( Are you moving to Oregon? I really like Oregon, BTW, my parents just bought a house in Bend and I'll be spending all my breaks up there relaxing. Its a gorgeous place.

kristay

« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2005, 06:14:01 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS, Ambs!!!  Yay!  I'm soooo excited for you.  That is awesome!

Ambs

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2005, 06:22:05 PM »
Thanks Kristay!

Hegel

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2005, 09:07:15 PM »
UCLA over Northwestern???  Maybe I don't understand the CA market, but a Northwestern grad would surely be more sought after than a UCLA grad, right?

« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2005, 09:51:51 PM »
Go to Northwestern

« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2005, 09:06:01 PM »
Thanks beeline. I wish you were going too :-( Are you moving to Oregon? I really like Oregon, BTW, my parents just bought a house in Bend and I'll be spending all my breaks up there relaxing. Its a gorgeous place.

hey ambs, i've had much innner turmoil, too ;) i ended up turning down both of my oregon schools - as much as i love oregon, i don't think the schools were best suited to me - so it looks like minnesota for the fall. still waiting to see if i hear from wisconsin (went from deferred to WL since they overenrolled). it was really really hard to decide to pick up and go to minnesota since i don't want to live anywhere but here, but i think it will be good and hopefully i can work hard enough to come back without too much trouble. i've also thought fleetingly about trying to transfer but it's not something i count on being able to do. anyway, i'm so so happy for you getting in, not only did you want it so much, but you totally deserved it! i'd still love to do a bay area get together before i go if anyone else is into it.