Law School Discussion

Waitlist movement - post here!

Re: Waitlist movement - post here!
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2005, 07:19:12 PM »
FYI-I called Penn today and they said that they hope to have something out "by the end of this week"

« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2005, 10:54:17 AM »
Just got the call from UIUC

« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »
Just got a call from Temple...

inthesun

« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2005, 03:08:49 PM »
U  of A just sent an e-mail to all their admitted students saying that they were aware that many of their admits were holding more than one seat.  They stated that although they did not have names, they have numbers, and kindly asked for those of us holding on to more than one seat to make a decision.  Well, I have been holding out for my financial aid for quite some time and STILL have not received it, so I went ahead and withdrew.  The point (or points) being that U of A's waitlist will probably move, and that if LSAC is sending this information to all schools, schools may start urging their students to withdraw from any extra schools that have not yet withdrawn from.

On a side note, has anyone heard any more about U of Washington's waitlist moving?  I am aware of one person who was accepted off of it, and was curious to know if there were any more...

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2005, 03:10:31 PM »
tagged to watch for NYU movement

« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2005, 03:11:11 PM »
U  of A just sent an e-mail to all their admitted students saying that they were aware that many of their admits were holding more than one seat.  They stated that although they did not have names, they have numbers, and kindly asked for those of us holding on to more than one seat to make a decision.  Well, I have been holding out for my financial aid for quite some time and STILL have not received it, so I went ahead and withdrew.  The point (or points) being that U of A's waitlist will probably move, and that if LSAC is sending this information to all schools, schools may start urging their students to withdraw from any extra schools that have not yet withdrawn from.

On a side note, has anyone heard any more about U of Washington's waitlist moving?  I am aware of one person who was accepted off of it, and was curious to know if there were any more...

LSAC keeps a record of which schools people submit deposits to?

inthesun

« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2005, 03:12:33 PM »

LSAC keeps a record of which schools people submit deposits to?

I think the schools submit the information and then LSAC releases it to other schools.  I'm not really sure how it works. 

« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2005, 12:06:17 AM »
It seems like Fordham doesn't really care about people's interest in the school.  They seem to be pulling people off the waitlist based on the numbers they want.

USC is doing the same thing.  I don't know if additional materials really help or not.

Ambs

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2005, 09:05:48 AM »
I got in off the Hastings' waitlist yesterday. I'm torn btwn Hastings and USF. I have until the end of today to decide.

« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2005, 10:07:57 AM »
I got in off the Hastings' waitlist yesterday. I'm torn btwn Hastings and USF. I have until the end of today to decide.

hastings hands down, unless youre on crack