Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Touro...when are they sending their decisions???  (Read 1365 times)

ouchic2005

• View Profile
Touro...when are they sending their decisions???
« on: April 19, 2005, 10:29:41 PM »
Does anyone have any clue when Touro will be sending the bulk of their decisions?  It seems like a lot of people on LSN still haven't heard from them.  Also do they inform you when your application is complete (if so, how?)...thanks for any help.
143+149=146/3.37 GPA
Acceptances:  Still waiting...
Pending: Cardozo, Touro, NYLS
Missing out on me..: Valpo, Chapman, Pace, Cornell, Hofstra, UNLV, Widener, Brooklyn

CPSinvestigator

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Put the F-ing Midget in the basket!!!"
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Touro...when are they sending their decisions???
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 10:36:42 PM »
I applied in October and heard from them in january. i was accepted with a scholarship. im not attending, so that leaves a seat open. good luck!!!

ouchic2005

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 11:46:56 PM »
Thanks for the information and hopefully a seat in the class!
143+149=146/3.37 GPA
Missing out on me..: Valpo, Chapman, Pace, Cornell, Hofstra, UNLV, Widener, Brooklyn

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 03:29:46 AM »
I don't remeber when exactly i applied, but i know it was early on in the fall. i still havent anything either. which is sad because they sent me a letter encouraging me to apply.
HUSL 1L

georgialax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 07:31:12 AM »
I applied in October and heard in December w/ $$. I declined my spot so hopefully it will come your way!

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 09:32:05 AM »
Ugh, I have all but given up on them. I have been complete since November, and still nothing. As far as complete notification goes, I emailed them to get my status.

I think it is ridiculous that they are holding out on so many people. I've decided I am going to Widener, because a.) Touro is a REALLY bad commute for me and b.) they are taking too long.

Too bad, though, because it looks like a good school.
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

trayd79

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 09:56:28 AM »
They were the first school I heard from, acceptance w/$$$.  I went to the admitted students day and wasn't crazy about the school so I declined there.  That should help you out some!

cmu_1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 10:01:12 AM »
I feel your pain.  Just hang in there.  The deposit was due April 11 and for what I hear, they'll be making their decisions by end of this month (at least for the people that sent in their app ages ago)  Best of luck to all of you waiting in agony.  By the way, those of you planning on going to Touro, I'll be seeing you there. And as far as I know, Touro doesn't give out complete notices.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 10:16:46 AM »
I feel your pain.  Just hang in there.  The deposit was due April 11 and for what I hear, they'll be making their decisions by end of this month (at least for the people that sent in their app ages ago)  Best of luck to all of you waiting in agony.  By the way, those of you planning on going to Touro, I'll be seeing you there. And as far as I know, Touro doesn't give out complete notices.

If it was closer, and I got in, I 'd stil consider it, but the commute is CRAZY. Too bad, because I LOVE NY (corny, I know) and I definitely am considering moving there after ls.
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

ouchic2005

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 12:32:43 PM »
They were the first school I heard from, acceptance w/$$$.  I went to the admitted students day and wasn't crazy about the school so I declined there.  That should help you out some!

What didn't you like about the school if you don't mind me asking?  I love NYC but I've never been to LI so I am curious to know about the school.  Also aren't they supposed to be moving the campus soon (have a nicer campus), I think I read that on a different discussion board.

Thank you for all the feedback. 
143+149=146/3.37 GPA