Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestern University Waitlist  (Read 3153 times)

Shoes

• AOL Instant Messenger - HeeledShoes
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Southwestern University Waitlist
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2004, 11:41:45 PM »
Thanks for asking.. my trip was wonderfully memorable!  :)

How do you feel with Friday being your last day at work?  I think you're making a wise decision to take it easy this semester and then decide whether you want to work during the spring semester.  Will you be able to go back to the job you have right now?  I'm still too chicken to say anything at work.  Only 2 of my coworkers know right now, but I'll have to give them my 2 weeks in a couple of weeks.  *gulp*  I just wish I could tell them where I was going!!

That is a great idea about writing them the letter.  I'm actually contemplating scheduling a visit.  Do you think it could make a difference??  The reason I ask is because I have been debating whether to make a 1 or 2 day trip in a couple of weeks.  I'll be flying in from Atlanta (like I have an extra $300 for a ticket) and have to ask for more days off work (without telling them why) But if I know it will make a difference I will do it in a heartbeat.

And thanks for pulling for me.  I just wish they would let me know already!!!  I just want to know how to plan!!  If I'm moving to LA it won't be worth bringing my furniture so I'll have to sell it and I'll need time to do that.  Oh goodness, what a long month it will be!!

lime

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2004, 03:32:04 AM »
Leaving work is really weird. I've been out of school for a while, and at my present company for the past four years. I like it there, but don't think it'll be possible to go back to the job I have currently. Like you, no one at my place of work (with the exception of two coworkers/close friends) knew about my law school plans until I gave my notice on June 23. I'm looking forward to my month off to do stuff around the house, relax, and get ready.

I think you should prepare speaking points, and call Anne Wilson tomorrow. Tell her you're still very excited about the possibility of attending Southwestern, and would like to schedule a visit -- and then ask her for a convenient time for you to fly from Atlanta so that you can meet her in person. In my opinion, if you did this BEFORE you asked any questions related to your chances of admission from the waitlist, that would send a strong signal that you're super interested, and very serious.

BTW I was just in Atlanta last weekend --- my in-laws are there. I'm a proud UGA alum. I absolutely love it back there... but I love it here too!

Shoes

• AOL Instant Messenger - HeeledShoes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2004, 01:18:30 AM »
I am sure you are looking forward to this upcoming month.  A great time to reenergize before classes begin.  Do you have anything fun planned? 

How was it giving your notice at work?  I am feeling nervous, sad and guilty all at the same time.  I bet they were sad to see you leave.

That's an excellent idea!  Thanks for your advice.  I just wish I knew if a visit would really help my chances.  I really don't have the extra $500 to spend on airfare and hotel, but if it gets me into my top choice school then it's money well spent.  :)

Hope you had fun in ATL.  I'm certainly going to miss it, but I'm sure LA is just as wonderful.  Hoping I get to move there.