Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestern University Waitlist  (Read 3045 times)

crawfordsf

• View Profile
Re: Southwestern University Waitlist
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 06:54:34 PM »
lime: congratulations! The pain is over! Everything went well today, and I feel a bit more optimistic. Hopefully I will be joining you there this fall. Good luck.

Shoes

• AOL Instant Messenger - HeeledShoes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 07:17:53 PM »
Congratulations Lime!!!  If I may I ask a question....is the part time division was your first choice program? 

Best of luck crawford.  Glad it went well today.  Did you learn anything new about the waitlist process? 

lime

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004, 08:48:49 PM »
Thanks! Visiting right before the deposits are due -- that was a brilliant idea, crawfordsf, and I'm glad it went well. Continued best wishes!

Shoes -- Thanks! Full time was my first choice when I applied in November. When I got waitlisted in early May I chose PT as my first choice. I really wanted to go to Southwestern and at that point, I felt that demonstrating my willingness to take a PT seat would be important.

If you're willing to take a PT seat, you should also know that, should they offer you a seat in PT, you are giving up your waitlist status for FT.

Good luck to you -

crawfordsf

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2004, 12:00:09 PM »
Hey guys. swestern called yesterday afternoon after my visit, and asked if I was still interested, if I made any other commitments, etc. I told them I wasn't exaggerating in my weekly letters when I say it is my first choice, and I will be there at the drop of a hat as soon as I get the call. They said expect to hear from them soon regarding a decision. During the visit I did my best to juice the admissions rep for info, and she said the 1L class was pretty small so far, so they expect to be able to take a good amount of people off the list. Best of luck to us all!

hollywoodude

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2004, 02:07:06 PM »
Thats awesome crawford!!
I am in the same position as you and have almost identical numbers (info from LSN)
I am out of the country but I did send a couple of emails stating my continued interest. Hope we get in dude!!! You've put my hopes back up. I am YET to get my first acceptance.

carolinahopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2004, 07:44:10 PM »
Hey Crawford,

I just found out about this discussion board.  I'm glad to see others are waiting for Southwestern just like myself.  The info you've provided from your visit is keeping my hopes up. I just hope they don't wait until August to call me.  It would suck to move cross country at the drop of a dime.

crawfordsf

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2004, 10:25:18 PM »
I got the letter in the mail today notifying me I was accepted into the full time day division at Southwestern. I am the happiest girl in Hollywood! Good luck to you guys, I hope I see you all there in the fall.

lime

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2004, 10:51:05 PM »
YAYYYYYY!!!!!! Congratulations, crawfordsf --- I'm thrilled for you. Maybe I'll see you around then!

Shoes

• AOL Instant Messenger - HeeledShoes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2004, 02:09:01 PM »
Good thinking Lime.  I have PT as my 2nd choice and I'll be happy either way.  Do you have a job lined up for the daytime?  I'm sure it will help get the loan payments down.

Congrats Crawford!!!  You really wowed them!!  They must have sent you the letter the second you left.  I bet you are so relieved and excited!!  :)

As for me......... I have been out of the country since Memorial Day weekend.  I called them the Thursday before Memorial Day to check on my status and also let them know of my sister's contact info since I wasn't going to be reachable.  That is when they let me know I was on the waitlist.  I told them I had given my sis a couple of signed checks from me in case they needed a deposit.  Made sure they knew SW is my first choice.  I called last week to check my status and learned that they had a 'no response' from me about the waitlist.  In their eyes, I wasn't interested anymore.  :(  I lost a month on the waitlist and hope it's not too late now!!

lime

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2004, 09:33:06 PM »
Good thinking Lime.  I have PT as my 2nd choice and I'll be happy either way.  Do you have a job lined up for the daytime?  I'm sure it will help get the loan payments down.

Congrats Crawford!!!  You really wowed them!!  They must have sent you the letter the second you left.  I bet you are so relieved and excited!!  :)

As for me......... I have been out of the country since Memorial Day weekend.  I called them the Thursday before Memorial Day to check on my status and also let them know of my sister's contact info since I wasn't going to be reachable.  That is when they let me know I was on the waitlist.  I told them I had given my sis a couple of signed checks from me in case they needed a deposit.  Made sure they knew SW is my first choice.  I called last week to check my status and learned that they had a 'no response' from me about the waitlist.  In their eyes, I wasn't interested anymore.  :(  I lost a month on the waitlist and hope it's not too late now!!

Shoes - Actually, my last day in my job is this Friday. I gave notice before I heard from SW, because I had to prepare to go to my second choice school (full time). I plan to take the fall to really focus on my classes, and will see about working in the spring.

Hope your trip overseas was great. I'm sorry to hear about that mix-up. If you haven't written or visited since you learned of the "non-response", I would suggest it. If not a visit, just a simple letter saying "(Here's what happened (when you called, with whom you spoke, etc). I'm sorry for the mix-up. SW is my first choice, PT or FT. IF you're considering waitlist candidates in order of reply, please consider my response date as (Thursday before Memorial Day)."

I'm pulling for ya!