Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestern University Waitlist  (Read 3091 times)

kastet

• View Profile
    • Email
Southwestern University Waitlist
« on: May 28, 2004, 05:43:12 PM »
 Hey everyone. Just got note today that I was put on a waitlist to one of my top choices. Bad news for me. Did anyone get on the southwestern waitlist, and if so did you get a dicision yet? How long did you wait for it? Did you write them letters or anything of that sort?
Thanks.

Shoes

• AOL Instant Messenger - HeeledShoes
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Southwestern University Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 04:01:47 AM »
I have yet to receive my letter from them, but I know I'm on the waitlist from a phone call a couple of days ago.  From what the lady told me on the phone, they will let waitlists know of their acceptance as late as the week before school starts.  Not much good for me considering I'd be moving all the way across the country and the school I am planning on attending right now will have started by then.  Would love to know when others hear they have been taken off the waitlist.  Best of luck to you, Kastet.

rich-e-rich

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 02:39:05 AM »
I was waitlisted at Southwestern and then accepted.  I got my waitlist letter April 5th and they called me about three weeks later to tell me I was in.

stung

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 06:03:52 PM »
Southwestern put me on the wait-list in the beginning of May and accepted me 2 and half weeks later.  The admissions people are quick there.

crawfordsf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 02:41:21 PM »
Southwestern is my first choice, and I have been on the wait list since April 28. I sent two additional letters of recommendation from my attorneys I work for who both went there, and still no word! I hope to hear soon...

lime

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 03:34:02 PM »
crawfordsf, you are not alone. I have been on Southwestern's waitlist since April 29. I hope we hear good news soon.

crawfordsf

• View Profile
Re: Southwestern University Waitlist--any news?
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 02:07:31 PM »
Anyone heard anything yet? I am still sweating it out. I e-mailed admissions last week to see if they got my new LOR, and they e-mailed back saying there are 2 candidates with my name, so please call. I did, and the usual. They have all my info and will contact starting in July. I am trying to stay optimistic, but it gets harder each day.

lime

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 01:37:41 PM »
crawfordsf, I was just about to ask you this very question. I think we are in the same exact boat -- awaiting Southwestern's decision, and moving forward with plans to attend Whittier on a full ride. But **really** wanting SW to come through. I too am still holding out hope. For me personally, the uncertainty is killing me. Their entering students' deposits are due Thursday, and I'm guessing they'll start making phone calls to waitlist candidates in earnest no earlier than the 6th or 7th. Wish they'd just tell us how many people are waitlisted, and how many seats they anticipate having to fill...

Best of luck to both of us!

crawfordsf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 04:11:32 PM »
lime, it is killing me too. I obsess about it while I should be working. I have an appointment with admissions tomorrow to juice them for information and wow them with my charm and desire to attend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for us.

lime

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2004, 02:30:05 PM »
I hope your meeting goes / went well today. Unbelievably, I got the call yesterday afternoon: I took a seat in the part time division. My most positive SW vibes are going out to you. All the best -

lime