Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Current 1Ls: Is LEEWS worth the price?  (Read 2576 times)

jdohno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Current 1Ls: Is LEEWS worth the price?
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2005, 10:59:36 PM »
I don't know about the super gunner stuff. Reading the book completely in the summer before you start school is a good idea because you won't have a lot of time in school. If you read it closer to when school starts, he has some good ideas on how to brief and outline. I used his method of briefing which is more helpful and shorter than what they teach you in law school. Don't wait until October but if you don't read it in the summer, then you could wait until September. It is difficult to get Leews if you don't have any exposure to legal concepts etc. That's why if you prep during the summer with E&Es then you are already in the frame of mind to read Leews. When I started law school, I had the goal of transferring from this school so I looked at things on the market to help me. It depends on how important grades are to you. And since I will be at a top 10 school and not this school next year, I don't regret it.

"it is an exam writing system.  it is helpful.  there is absolutely no point doing it now.  do it one weekend in october or late september.  or, if you're a super gunner, then do it in late august before classes start.  it doesn't do much good to listen to the tapes now, because it's about how to write a law school exam.  and until you have some substantive knowledge, it won't make any sense.

Abevigoda

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2005, 11:47:06 AM »
Are you willing to sell me the CDs or tapes?  I hate using Ebay (I recently got screwed).
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=abevigoda

Catholic University of America
Columbus School of Law

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2005, 11:50:19 AM »
Tag, albeit a bit late.

jdohno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2005, 12:09:04 PM »
Sorry my stuff is getting past down to my sister. Man, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Ebay. I got all my stuff on Ebay and half.com. I don't know what you bought but I have found buying from current law students on Ebay to be pretty easy. All I can advise is that you try Ebay again (and read the comments in the seller's profile) or just order from the Leews site itself. I guess the Leews site is charging $145 but that's pretty cheap compared to the benefits you get and the cost of tuition. Good luck.

"Are you willing to sell me the CDs or tapes?  I hate using Ebay (I recently got screwed).

namaste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2005, 01:18:14 PM »
tag

ErinKG

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2005, 02:08:25 PM »
I decided to just go ahead and buy LEEWS from the Barrister Books website. Sometimes there are discounts (I couldn't find any that aren't expired), so you could wait until there is a 10% off code if you want to save the extra $14.50. It was more important for me to get the CDs now - I'm feeling really motivated to start all of this and don't want that feeling to pass. hehe

Erin

NerfHerder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2005, 02:21:05 PM »
Let us know how things go with it after you've started.

hempel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2005, 03:49:57 PM »
Please post here if anyone finds a coupon code as mentioned above!

JDubs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2005, 08:52:45 AM »
Please post here if anyone finds a coupon code as mentioned above!

picked it up over the weekend via ebay.  got it for ~$65, appears never to have been used (was delivered yesterday).
LSN

Going to Temple's Evening Program in '07!

jdohno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2005, 09:03:27 AM »
Sounds like the person bought it late and never got around to using it. When I bought Leews last summer off of Ebay, the seller never used it either. She told me she didn't get around to it and that she bought it in October. So congrats on getting a copy of Leews for cheap.

picked it up over the weekend via ebay.  got it for ~$65, appears never to have been used (was delivered yesterday).