Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston Roommate Wanted  (Read 1928 times)

BAFF213

Re: Boston Roommate Wanted
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2005, 09:06:01 PM »
Actually probably 700-1000 b/c you prob can't find a decent apartment in the city for less than 700.

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2005, 02:12:08 AM »

yo. i'm going to bc. are any of you bc kids going to the off campus housing fair occuring in june? is it worth it?

i need a roommate too in boston.  i'd rather live in a super urban hipster area--and i hear that may be the brighton/alliston comm ave areas.  any ideas?

i'm from california. send me a message if you're interested.
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

sweatsandtees

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2005, 03:13:06 PM »

yo. i'm going to bc. are any of you bc kids going to the off campus housing fair occuring in june? is it worth it?

i need a roommate too in boston.  i'd rather live in a super urban hipster area--and i hear that may be the brighton/alliston comm ave areas.  any ideas?

i'm from california. send me a message if you're interested.

Hey I will be at BC in the fall as well. I think I might go to the housing fair, although I have already found a place.

Snuvy, I have seen you post numerously about housing at BC and meant to get back to you earlier (sorry). I am from Boston, born and raised, and I wouldn't mind helping you with your search, although I myself used craigslist, but I understand that this may not be the best for everyone.

The Brighton/Allston area is a heavy student area and is a prime location for BC and BU students of all levels so something is always happening over there. And I was told by a 2L at BC that you should have a car, and they do have carpool spots that are closer to the building if you decide to do that as well. You are from Cali, so I am assuming that you do have a car (I lived in cali for a co-op), so that shouldn't be a problem.

I will live off of Beacon St, which is wider and less crowded than Comm Ave in my opinion. And if you live on the right end of Beacon (near the Brookline/Boston border you will be able to just cross over to Comm Ave whic is parallel and get to BC in minutes. PM if you would like me to do some more investigative work for you. I am so bored now that school is over so helping out a fellow 1L would be my pleasure.

ziti

• View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=ziti
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2005, 04:11:04 PM »
I agree with Sweats that as far as Brighton goes, Beacon is a better street to live on than Comm.  Beacon is on the C line, which gets to downtown much faster than the B line on Comm.  Also, Beacon has more shops and restaurants, and is a bit more upscale than Comm.  I think of Beacon as having many young professionals and grad students, where Comm has more rowdy BU undergrads who make tons of noise and break beer bottles on the sidewalk to prove their manliness.

I'm planning on living in Newton.  I'm from the Boston area, so living right in the city wouldn't be as much of an adventure for me as it will be for everyone from far away.  I like having more greenspace and quiet too.  It really is a matter of personal preference though.  If I weren't going to live in Newton, I would look for a place on the C line or in Cambridge, but that could be tricky if you don't have a car.