Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: San Diego  (Read 3083 times)

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 10:29:34 PM »
Yep, I applied for FT and marked that I'd consider PT if that's all they could offer for me.

USD is my last hold-out.  If I get in, I'll have to decide whether or not I should go or hold off a year and try to retake the LSAT (which is what I'm leaning towards right now).

I don't know.  We'll see.

Still, good luck to everyone!  USD has taken so long compared to all of my other applications.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 12:51:44 AM »
I guess it depends on how many people have accepted but 80.8 should at least get you into the PT program assuming you checked the consider me for PT option on the application. It seems that the index for FT is something like 81-82.

I'm an 81.3 and was put into part time, though they told me they'd move me to ft if that's what I wanted.
USD 2L

najniran

• AOL Instant Messenger - najniran
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 01:07:42 AM »
frick on a stick! that means my denial is probably coming within a few days.  :(

colforbin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 01:37:48 PM »
I really don't know what to think. I have researched the LSN site daily, both last year's and this year's cycles. I don't know what to expect at this point.  How many people who are offered PT actually take it if they really wanted FT. This waiting is killing me.

colforbin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 07:08:04 PM »
Why is it that there are so few updates from people who applied to USD? Is anyone else waiting, and if so, what could we expect at this point?

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 07:28:23 PM »
USD seems to want to desperatly raise their numbers. They don't seem to have too many non scholarship FT admits, meaning they are looking for high numbers people to come there.

brotha

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 08:31:59 PM »
Here is a funny story for all San Diego applicants. Last week, my friend got a rejection letter from USD and today he got another letter from USD that had his name on the envelope label and had some handwriting on it.  But....When he opened the letter, the name was for someone that had his UNIQUE last name but different first name for a different address.  I thought that was hilarious!!  USD is pathetic.  Shows how much they care.

stash33

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005, 09:37:01 PM »
I got my acceptance into PT program yesterday.

colforbin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 09:57:37 PM »
stash33

Congrats!  If I may ask, what were your numbers like? Also, do you think you will attend? 

I am hoping for that large yellow envelope so, so bad that it hurts.

stash33

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005, 10:17:40 PM »
stash33

Congrats!  If I may ask, what were your numbers like? Also, do you think you will attend? 

I am hoping for that large yellow envelope so, so bad that it hurts.
I think USD used my 159lsat/3.4 UGPA. I think I was also considered non-traditional, as I am 28 and have 10 years WE.

I am strongly considering USD, as it places much better in CA than any other school that has graced me with an acceptance.

I am somewhat concerned however about the relatively high (16.5%)attrition rate.

Thanks for the congrats, it feels good to have a viable option close to home.