Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Loyola New-Orleans anyone?  (Read 3829 times)

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Loyola New-Orleans anyone?
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2005, 05:05:42 PM »
just curious about the civil law aspect of it all.  does that mean you couldn't go back to GA and practice law?  i just don't want to be limited.  i plan to transfer to a FL school after 2 years and i don't want most of my credits to be wasted...
FIU Class of 2009

jacqkeen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2005, 06:01:05 PM »
I live in the New Orleans area and will be starting the evening program this Fall as well.
I'm a fool and will be working full time and then going to school in the evening.  One good thing is that I work at the Jones Walker law firm so I think I should have some good resources at my disposal besides just the school library, Lexis, and Westlaw.   ;D

Oneof2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2005, 04:39:48 PM »
I feel like I've been away from LSD for too long.  I dont have internet in my apartment yet so I have to go to a coffee shop to check email and whatnot.  Bleh!  I'll get all set up soon enough. 

When are we all getting together?  Devil Dawg?  Wildmuth?  Someone make the plans!

Wildmuth, I like the places you mentioned.  St. Joes is walking distance from my place, which is always nice, but the Balcony is really fun too. I'm game for anything. 

be10dwn

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2005, 04:42:29 PM »
just curious about the civil law aspect of it all.  does that mean you couldn't go back to GA and practice law?  i just don't want to be limited.  i plan to transfer to a FL school after 2 years and i don't want most of my credits to be wasted...
They also have a common law division.  Which one did you apply to?  I was accepted to the common law day division but decided not to go there at the last minute when I got in to Arkansas.  There shouldn't be a problem going out of LA to get a job.  The alumni system at Loyola is great.  That was the thing I think I admired most about the school.

ssteinmetz

• MSN Messenger - sam@jkansaslaw.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - samueltobias78
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2005, 10:26:10 PM »
Well, I'm going to the Part Time Program as well.  I work for a local law firm, but it is not the big Jones Walker like you, although one of the partners worked for Jones Walker a few years ago.  Anyway, we have what, a few more days, and then things start up.  It will be interesting to meet different people from here, who may be in the same shoes as we are.