Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Your Fav Commercial Right Now (Or Ever)  (Read 5111 times)

thechoson

Re: Your Fav Commercial Right Now (Or Ever)
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 05:25:44 PM »
Was it intel?  That little blonde kid, being taught by all these different people.

And then Ali comes on, and says "Never back down"

That was awesome.

sodashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 05:25:52 PM »
I think I'm such a dork for crackin up everytime this commercial comes on, mainly because everyone I've talked to thus far fails to see the humor..
Alright, I dunno if it's Wendy's or Burger King, but in this commercial co-workers are passing out burgers on their lunch or whatever.  Then this short white guy gets the spicy one and goes.. "I'mmmm Spic-ay!"  And they all look at him like he's stupidand one dude is like, "what was that?" and lil white dude goes "my catchphrase" and then the other dude was like "you can't make up your own catchphrase.. wait try again." so lil white dude tries again and says "I'mmmmm Spic-ay!!" and the other dude thinks and is like.. "no, it's not working."  I'm always in like tears laughing by the time it's over.  Tell me I'm not alone!  LoL.. not that I care because that *&^% is fun-ny.

I don't know why but my bf keeps saying that to me... I HATE IT!!! I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL!!! i get so damn annoyed when just bursts out saying "I'mmmmm Spic-ay" gives shivers down my back, and not the type of shivers when sex is involved...

oh and those voiceover credit card fraud commercials also freak me out. now there's one with an asian lady talking like either beavis or butthead... disturbing.

panashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - brianpjohnson
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bpanahij
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 05:28:09 PM »
Oh, I love those credit card voice over comms. Especially the one with the dude on his lawnmower (I relate to that dude, someday I hope to be him) and the one with the hot black lady in the hairdresser chair.
Ave Maria Class of 2007
St. Thomas More Scholar

panashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 05:36:50 PM »
I feel like I fit in better already!
Ave Maria Class of 2007
St. Thomas More Scholar

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2004, 05:44:09 PM »
LOL panahi!

i like your signature!  :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyways...i like that miller lite commercial where those two chicks are mud wrestling and female dog slapping and *&^%....[it was a fantasy of two guys in a conversation, while their girlfriends just look at them in disbelief].... :D ;D

panashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2004, 06:09:59 PM »
If I were Japanese that is what I would look like.

LOL panahi!

i like your signature!  :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyways...i like that miller lite commercial where those two chicks are mud wrestling and female dog slapping and *&^%....[it was a fantasy of two guys in a conversation, while their girlfriends just look at them in disbelief].... :D ;D
Ave Maria Class of 2007
St. Thomas More Scholar

NYBound05

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2004, 01:30:18 PM »

I don't know why but my bf keeps saying that to me... I HATE IT!!! I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL!!! i get so damn annoyed when just bursts out saying "I'mmmmm Spic-ay" gives shivers down my back, and not the type of shivers when sex is involved...

LOL now that is funny. I've been saying that to my boyfriend too, with the hopes that some day he'll see the comedy of that commercial.  It hasn't worked.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2004, 02:05:31 PM »
I love those ads for herpes medication where you see ecstatic couples frolicking on a beach.  Why the hell are they so happy?!  They have herpes!

Another favorite is the ads for erectile dysfunction meds that tell you to seek immediate medical attention if your erection last longer than four hours.  If my partner had an erection for more than four hours, I'd chain him to the bed. ;D

IrishGeisha

• Sr. Citizen
  • BA Cornell, MA Sacred Heart, Pepperdine Law in Aug
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AdoptAPitbull
    • View Profile
    • Irish Geisha's Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2004, 07:28:43 PM »
I'm sure I'll get slammed but I love the Sponge Monkeys from Quiznos.  Especially when they say "Beware of Papercuts".  That is just hilarious.  I also am a big fan of "Wingman" -- I find myself singing that song quite a bit (the ill-executed, "Wingdog", while brilliant in theory sucked a bit in actuality). 

As for inspiration -- a few Olympics ago, there was a commercial for the Post Office where the family mailed the Athlete a "10" sign to encourage them.  I got teary on that one.

But all time favorite -- looks like Italian square, man and woman walking and the man yells "I LOVE THIS WOMAN".  Shermy tries to do that to me all the time cause I'm such a cheeseball ... but usually he just gets punched in the neck.
"I have never seen a greater monster or miracle in the world than myself." - Michel Eyquem

thechoson

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2004, 08:30:34 PM »
I'm sure I'll get slammed but I love the Sponge Monkeys from Quiznos.  Especially when they say "Beware of Papercuts".  That is just hilarious.  I also am a big fan of "Wingman" -- I find myself singing that song quite a bit (the ill-executed, "Wingdog", while brilliant in theory sucked a bit in actuality). 

As for inspiration -- a few Olympics ago, there was a commercial for the Post Office where the family mailed the Athlete a "10" sign to encourage them.  I got teary on that one.

But all time favorite -- looks like Italian square, man and woman walking and the man yells "I LOVE THIS WOMAN".  Shermy tries to do that to me all the time cause I'm such a cheeseball ... but usually he just gets punched in the neck.

This Shermy guy is annoying me more and more. Can I kick his ass?