Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Was the end of undergrad sad for anyone else?  (Read 7226 times)

nola8688

• Sr. Citizen
  • THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL !!!
    • View Profile
Was the end of undergrad sad for anyone else?
« on: May 28, 2004, 02:04:36 PM »
I can't believe it's over... so wierd.   :'(
Rise and shine and give off your glory glory!!!

rathpa

Re: Was the end of undergrad sad for anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 02:05:11 PM »
What school?

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 02:06:05 PM »
it was the happiest day of my life...8 years ago.

damn im f-in old.

but never as old as JEFFJOE!!!!  DIRTY OLD MAN!!!
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

thechoson

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 02:07:10 PM »
I have about a month go to still.  Quarter system.  I guess it's kinda sad.  But HS graduation was sadder. 

tahoetahoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 02:08:35 PM »
Nola--
I was quite sad to graduate.  I left all of my friends in good 'ole WI and moved to Cali...it was really hard.  But I had a job all set here and lots of connections through Teach for America, so that made it a lot easier.

I guess what has made me happy now is knowing that my mid 20s have ruled just as much as my early 20s.  I have had a BLAST!!  For those who say, all the good times are in undergrad...well, they're idiots!
W Bush: I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to
answer questions. I can't answer your question."
In response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the 
first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

Kerry 2004!!!!!!!!!

sodashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 02:12:17 PM »
Nola--
I was quite sad to graduate.  I left all of my friends in good 'ole WI and moved to Cali...it was really hard.  But I had a job all set here and lots of connections through Teach for America, so that made it a lot easier.

I guess what has made me happy now is knowing that my mid 20s have ruled just as much as my early 20s.  I have had a BLAST!!  For those who say, all the good times are in undergrad...well, they're idiots!

COMPLETELY AGREED!!!! I don't think undergrad was all that great after leaving it! Of course i missed it a bit, but come on, you have the rest of your life to look forward to! I personally love working and living and going out with my friends now.

nola8688

• Sr. Citizen
  • THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 03:14:09 PM »
Nola--

I know I know, the rest of my life lies ahead. I am just in a funk right now I suppose. As a friend just said on the phone, "why be sad about something you have no control over."  Yet, it makes it more difficult to stop thinking about when most of my friends are staying in school for 5th year masters programs.

I understand people graduate, move away from all of their friends, and then make all new friends all of the time.

I suppose there is something about the "college lifestyle" (or at least the one I led) that I will always look back on and smile/reminisce about. Namely, going to bed at 6:00AM after a crazy night with friends instead of waking up at 6:00AM for a long day of work. Then again, life as a party animal was beginning to get a tad old. I just need to find something I really care about, some purpose for my life (while making decent money)... The search continues.
Rise and shine and give off your glory glory!!!

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 03:17:51 PM »
undergrad was ok, but i didn't like my college all that much [wayyyyyy too catholic and *&^%]

the last day of high school i did felt really weird...like "it's over?"

ttiwed

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 04:31:52 PM »
damn im f-in old.
but never as old as JEFFJOE!!!!  DIRTY OLD MAN!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! that is the FUNNIEST thing i have ever read on this board!!!

jeffjoe, you're awesome! you're a great sport.

as for ugrad, it was the best years of my life. really sad to leave it.

tahoetahoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 04:35:23 PM »
Nola--if you were partying until 6am, keeping odd hours, and hanging w/ friends...why does that have to change?  Before I had a job, I felt like leaving undergrad was just this black abyss I would sink, miserably, to the bottom of...

Seriously, you can keep on partying and enjoying life...there just might be some new faces.  The only difference is in college you "binge" drink.  In your twenties, you become an alcoholic!!   :P
W Bush: I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to
answer questions. I can't answer your question."
In response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the 
first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

Kerry 2004!!!!!!!!!