Author Topic: Baylor  (Read 1318 times)

ellie

• Sr. Citizen
  • The ever judicious Judge Baylor
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ellie3113
    • View Profile
Re: Baylor
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2005, 12:25:33 PM »
Good point... That's something to consider.

ouch.

Just kidding!!  I'd love to have the great kfukuda and his young life skills at Baylor!

Hell, Texas is an inherently better state than any of 'em! (except when you consider the politics...although it is lively and makes for great stories!) Too bad my girlfriend is dead set against living there...never can figure that one out...

And you're still with her why?
Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things.

Baylor Bound, Fall '05

Trinitygunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • That's my baby picture?
    • MSN Messenger - kennfukuda@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Trinitygunner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2005, 12:30:04 PM »
Good point... That's something to consider.

ouch.

Just kidding!!  I'd love to have the great kfukuda and his young life skills at Baylor!

Hell, Texas is an inherently better state than any of 'em! (except when you consider the politics...although it is lively and makes for great stories!) Too bad my girlfriend is dead set against living there...never can figure that one out...

And you're still with her why?

thanks for the ego boost. :-) I'm taking my young life prowess (i.e. the ability and willingness to act like a complete baffoon in front of high school students) to iowa city. they need some color up there anyways...i'm going to infect them with some yellafever.
final product...pending approval: 94 pages

charseven

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2005, 12:42:50 PM »
Baffling isn't it!?  It has largely to do with her love of mountains and outdoor recreation...so northwest arkansas is similar in that respect to her home state of North Carolina.  As far as soul goes, Texas is tough to beat...and it is tough for me not living there...call it foolish pride (and I know it can be foolish), but it can be hard to stomach...
any ideas on persuading a head strong gal to moving to a place she doesn't want to???

propose to her and talk about having children

Marco

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2005, 12:50:57 PM »
let's not go overboard!!  She might say yes...then what in the hell would I do!!!???

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2005, 12:57:40 PM »
let's not go overboard!!  She might say yes...then what in the hell would I do!!!???

Buy a ring

Marco

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2005, 01:03:47 PM »
ring?  maybe i'll just get a case of beer...

on another thought...what are your ideas about time off in a career.  Doesn't two weeks a year seem insane to folks or is it just me?  Do y'all think a private practitioner / small firm could swing a good month off given the right planning, luck, etc?  Europe does it...why can't we?

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2005, 01:10:09 PM »
ring?  maybe i'll just get a case of beer...

on another thought...what are your ideas about time off in a career.  Doesn't two weeks a year seem insane to folks or is it just me?  Do y'all think a private practitioner / small firm could swing a good month off given the right planning, luck, etc?  Europe does it...why can't we?

Most lawyers I know say it's basically what you are willing to sacrifice in tradeoff.  The more time off, the less billable hours and income.  Very few say that any specific limits are enforced.  They usually treat you like an adult and let you make your own decisions (within reason).