Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at U of Arkansas-Fayetteville  (Read 361 times)

be10dwn

In at U of Arkansas-Fayetteville
« on: April 18, 2005, 09:47:33 AM »
Got a phone call from the associate dean yesterday around 10:30 and he left a message.  I called back today and he asked me if I was still interested in going to law school there.  I sid yes and he said congrats you're in.  Pretty cool.  I was all set on going to Loyola New Orleans but now I'm gonna have to take a look at Fayetteville.

LaneSwerver

Re: In at U of Arkansas-Fayetteville
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 10:14:38 AM »
Got a phone call from the associate dean yesterday around 10:30 and he left a message.  I called back today and he asked me if I was still interested in going to law school there.  I sid yes and he said congrats you're in.  Pretty cool.  I was all set on going to Loyola New Orleans but now I'm gonna have to take a look at Fayetteville.

Congrats! Good school and super-cheap!

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 08:30:04 PM »

Good choice in choosing UA-Fay over Loyola NO!  I heard the UA-Fay's Dean is GREAT and the associate dean is very cool. Did you talked to the associate dean more than that you're still interested?
FloridaLaw   8)

be10dwn

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 12:01:29 AM »

Good choice in choosing UA-Fay over Loyola NO!  I heard the UA-Fay's Dean is GREAT and the associate dean is very cool. Did you talked to the associate dean more than that you're still interested?
FloridaLaw   8)

I did talk to the associate Dean of Students when I was there.  He seemed great.  He showed me around not only the law school but the campus as well.  I was impressed with the fact that he knew almost all of the students in the law school by name.  on another note, we just signed the papers to buy a house in Fayetteville today.  This is all becoming real!  :)

Dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 07:50:15 PM »
I'm in Fayetteville right now.  I picked out an apartment after looking at a couple.  I was stunned at how cheap places are around here.  And you get a lot for your money.

Fayetteville has grown on me in the last couple of days.  The people here are different from my area of the south.  Where I am from people are very polite but there is an underlying "formalness" in the way we interact with each other.  Here, people are just as friendly but have a midwestern down-to-earth attitude.  It's nice.

Fayetteville is a lot smaller than I anticipated and I have found that it does not take long to get around town.  Rush hour is virtually non-existant and there is plenty of parking.  I got in and out of the DMV is less than 30 minutes and all of the civil-service type people are polite and efficient.

I'm going to stop by the law school tomorrow and take a look around.