Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UNC/Vanderbilt  (Read 531 times)

iwantin

• Sr. Citizen
  • My name is Egyptian.
    • View Profile
UNC/Vanderbilt
« on: April 18, 2005, 09:32:35 AM »
As an NC Resident, it's pretty cheap to attend UNC for me.  Would I be crazy to attend UNC over Vanderbilt?  I want to go to the best school, but money is an issue.  Should I let it be an issue?
"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go.
Oh the places you'll go."

fireplace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UNC/Vanderbilt
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 10:36:07 AM »
Nashville is a great town. If you are considering practicing in the deep South, go Vandy. East coast, a toss up perhaps -- go with what you would LIKE to do.  And of course these boards will tell you that for bigfirm life in big cities, every peg on the ranking board counts.  Take that advice for what it costs you.  Finally, if you are really torn, then always go cheaper.  Having 40k less of debt at graduation will open up a lot of job options.

smacky

• Headed to Blue Heaven!
    • View Profile
Re: UNC/Vanderbilt
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 11:26:47 AM »
Is there really that big of a difference?  I mean Vandy is like 17 and UNC is around 27.... 

My honest advice is to visit both schools and see which one fits you better.  I know that the general opinion of this and other boards is to go to the best school that you are accepted to, but there is something to be said for not being miserable for the three years of school.  I turned down Duke for UNC.  I had scholarship offers at both (Duke would have still been more $$), but after visiting both UNC was clearly the best fit for me. 

Just my two cents...Good luck with your decision.