Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is Tulane the most loved Law School On here??  (Read 10160 times)

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is Tulane the most loved Law School On here??
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 05:47:24 PM »
Way to bump a 2 year old topic to be a feminine hygiene product.  How did you even find that thread sans search button?

Get a life fruitcake.

Zenith Electronics Corp.

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BLFGmiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007, 03:13:58 AM »
this thread is not approved

just4fun84

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2007, 12:59:00 AM »
I am a current Tulane law student and I would highly recommend not choosing Tulane. It is not a national school, though they wil work as hard as they can to convince you it is. You are better off going to a regional school in the geographic region in which you intend to practice. Tulane is a regional law school whose region is the deep south. You have been warned.

Of course, if you enjoy being treated like sh*t by the administration and living in a little bubble that has absolutely no interaction with New Orleans per se, come on down!

Otherwise, I hope that you will save yourself from an experience you will regret.

kirkcameronsgf

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2007, 01:16:46 AM »
Damn.  Negativity much?

I <3 Tulane Law.

Roll wave roll!  :-*

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2007, 08:24:48 PM »
I am a current Tulane law student and I would highly recommend not choosing Tulane. It is not a national school, though they wil work as hard as they can to convince you it is. You are better off going to a regional school in the geographic region in which you intend to practice. Tulane is a regional law school whose region is the deep south. You have been warned.

Of course, if you enjoy being treated like sh*t by the administration and living in a little bubble that has absolutely no interaction with New Orleans per se, come on down!

Otherwise, I hope that you will save yourself from an experience you will regret.

Wow.  Man if you have had that experience with the administration or NOLA - PM me and I will buy you a beer or two.  Seriously, while law school is time consuming - I have been able to get out and enjoy the city quite often.  The administration gets swamped at times, but they have always gone out of their way to accommodate me.

Tulane definitely places best in the South-Southeast, but does surprisingly well elsewhere.  Personally I plan on staying in the South so its not a big concern of mine, but I have met quite a few students at the median who have decent midlaw jobs in NY (what kind of reach are you looking for?).  Sure, some students are disappointed that they did not get their dream BIGLAW job, but most of the students I have met feel satisfied with their options.  CDO is kinda weak, but as long as you don't rely on them - they are a pretty decent tool.

Avicenna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2008, 06:24:38 PM »
Honestly, not to be hater or anything, but if you want to work in the South, why would you choose Tulane over Emory and Vanderbilt. Some of the original posts on this thread talk about having made this executive decision. It just boggles my mind!

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2008, 06:41:59 PM »
I go there for undergrad. I like it. Don't know much about the law school except that the people in there are really nice. Whenever I go in the admissions office they know me by my first name. It's cool.

littlemonkey

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2010, 01:44:56 AM »
I will go to Tulane next year. It's so exciting to me!  I have never been to America before. I have so nice opportunity to spend 2 years in New Orleans. I hope this experince will be helpful to my future  professional development in my country. I choose Tulane becauce my ex-colleague recommended it to me. She also got a JD degree from Amercia.
But I also worry about my oral English and listening. It's not easy to catch the meaning of native speakers in the beginning.  I have attended a English-training course in my coutry, which costs me a big money.  Maybe it is a little bit useful, maybe not. Whatever, I'm coming. I hope everything will go smoothly.