Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is Tulane the most loved Law School On here??  (Read 9637 times)

Bahamut

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is Tulane the most loved Law School On here??
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2005, 06:44:25 PM »
I haven't noticed such sentiment. I couldn't care less about Tulane so perhaps that forms a bias on how I interpret certain posts (or even which I choose to read).

GO SMU! :p
SMU Fall '05

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2005, 02:06:46 PM »
There is a reason why there are so many different law school with different dynamics and different enviroments. Everyone is different and people are looking for different things out of law school. To me, "less competitive" is a good thing. Something I really want in a law school, along with "relaxed" and "fun." Not because I plan to slack off and party all the time but because I see no reason to be miserable for three years. I don't like highly competitive enviroments or constantly serious surroundings. To me, life is too short to torture myself for three years in the prime of my life. And the fact that Tulane is "far away from the big cities where legal jobs are difficult to get" is also fine with me. I don't want to be in the "big city" or care about BigLaw (though if you look at the stats, I think you will find Tulane places very well in NYC, the mother of "big cities".)
This is not to say that your point of view on the school is wrong by any means. I am just saying that everyone is looking to get something different out of their law school experience. From the sound of it, Tulane is NOT the place for you. But the people who are on here touting this school are doing so because they know all the things you just said about it and they see those things as GOOD not bad. :-*

i'm completely with you here noleg!  maybe I should open my eyes to other regions of the country...never even knew where Tulane was until just now  :-[ :D
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005, 02:56:39 AM »
perhaps tulane is the nationally-placing superstar that it is because there are no jobs in LA?

just guessing

but still, it is nice to have such team spirit for your law school  :)

oblood05

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2005, 11:32:08 PM »
first post, but i will most likely be heading to tulane in the fall.  if the email group thing is happening, can someone add me?  oblood@nd.edu.  also, i saw someone had posted in another tulane thread about renting a Uhaul and driving down from the chicago area.  i'm not too far from chicago so i might be interested.  anyway, let me know.

AndyJay

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2005, 01:10:54 AM »
Hi oblood05,

That was me that posted about the UHaul in a separate post. Also, I'd like to join the discussion group. My email is andrewjacoby2@yahoo.com. Any other Chicago-based, Tulane-bound folks are welcome to contact me if they are interested in sharing a UHaul.

Good idea to get in contact with everyone via email.

I just got back from New Orleans where I attended Jazz Fest and took some time to view the campus for the first time. It really is a beautiful area of the city. I don't have an apartment yet, which I'm worrying about. I hope I'm able to set aside a weekend later this summer to go to Nola and secure an apartment for August.

Eegahh

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - ifnumber34@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2005, 03:38:37 AM »
While I know that Tulane is supposed to be a good school and all, I find it impossible to take them seriously. 

The reason: an episode of Mission Hill (am I the only person that loved that show to death?) where Kevin, spazzing out about the idea of not completely nailing the SAT, points at his Yale T-shirt and screams "This Y might as well be a T...for Tulane!  Tulannnnne!!!!"

That show has completely colored my thoughts on this school forevermore, and no amount of reasonable argument will ever sway me.
Deposit down: Case Western
Waitlist....Ugh: W&M, Hastings (IN!!!! Whooo!)

nethgilne

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2005, 08:36:19 PM »
k

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nolegirl290@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2005, 11:03:02 AM »
I am still deciding. Hoping to visit soon to help me decide. People can add me
nolegirl3@hotmail.com
Tony:"So your not gonna go to law school? What do you wanna do then?"
Mike:"I wanna dance!"

annchen

• My baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2005, 05:32:29 PM »
2 words:  crawfish boils!

I went to Tulane undergrad but have been away from New Orleans for 2 years now.  There's no place like it, the culture is incredible.  And the food.... my mouth is watering and my arteries are clogging just thinking about it!

It's a great place to live for a few years.  Best of luck!

LSATdestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 05:44:44 PM »
Anyone who turns down vandy for tulane is retarded. Ur job prospects will blow at tulane and you'll get out making 70k. Tulanes stats are beyond flawed. Just letting you know, beware! Tulane's name will get you nowhere.