Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What's it like in the North?  (Read 30162 times)

VivaLaMuerte

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What's it like in the North?
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2005, 10:22:13 AM »
Silly ass! I was summarizing the OP's concerns.  Way to recognize the thread!  ::) (Doing my best to live up to the expectations of condescension. By the way, NH isn't condescending in my experience; it is suspicious, though.)

Keep up the good work. You're truly a goodwill ambassador for the North.

I'm glad to know NH has a different attitude...why do you think they're suspicious, though? Is it the whole "Live Free or Die" thing or is it just that they're tiny?

Not sure, it's just something I've noticed every time I visited.  It could be that I was acting like an a$$ at the time, though.  I kinda wish NH were this haven of gov-suspicious libertarians, but I've never heard of anything like that being the case. 

LaneSwerver

« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2005, 10:25:33 AM »
Silly ass! I was summarizing the OP's concerns.  Way to recognize the thread!  ::) (Doing my best to live up to the expectations of condescension. By the way, NH isn't condescending in my experience; it is suspicious, though.)

I'm glad to know NH has a different attitude...why do you think they're suspicious, though? Is it the whole "Live Free or Die" thing or is it just that they're tiny?

Not sure, it's just something I've noticed every time I visited.  It could be that I was acting like an a$$ at the time, though.  I kinda wish NH were this haven of gov-suspicious libertarians, but I've never heard of anything like that being the case. 

That's a shame; I'd like it even more if it was. You? Acting like an ass? I don't buy it. Maybe it's the state-owned liquor stores. I've never appreciated states that do that.

VivaLaMuerte

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2005, 10:54:15 AM »

That's a shame; I'd like it even more if it was. You? Acting like an ass? I don't buy it. Maybe it's the state-owned liquor stores. I've never appreciated states that do that.

that's one of my least favorite things about PA.  I hate the idea on principle, though it isn't as big of as hassle as most people seem to think it is (alternatively, I just don't drink enough for it to be a hassle).  crap, is it hastle?  I got to go look that word up.

NoVa

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2005, 11:07:01 AM »
i'm confused by this tea thing....my mom has been drinking UNsweetened iced tea for her whole life...most of it spent in RI.....are you saying the north doesn't have unsweetened tea or it just tastes bad? 

In the north, you can get iced tea easily- it's just not sweetened.  You can put suagar or sweet'n'low in it, but it doesn't taste as good as properly made sweet tea.
3.32, 160
4 years experience as a patent examiner
Attending: American
Accept: UMD, Catholic
WL: GMU
Reject:GULC, GWU

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2005, 11:08:07 AM »
Where do people come up with this "you can't get sweetened ice tea in the north" idea??

It might not be as prevelant as in the south, but you can absolutely still find it.

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2005, 11:08:53 AM »
i'm confused by this tea thing....my mom has been drinking UNsweetened iced tea for her whole life...most of it spent in RI.....are you saying the north doesn't have unsweetened tea or it just tastes bad? 

The tea thing is being overblown.  I drink tea every day.  Trust me, if you want tea, you'll be able to have your tea.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2005, 11:14:37 AM »

In the north, you can get iced tea easily- it's just not sweetened.  You can put suagar or sweet'n'low in it, but it doesn't taste as good as properly made sweet tea.

I'm from Texas, and I don't even know what "properly-made sweet tea" is. I can't stand junk in my tea.

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2005, 11:17:32 AM »
ohhh ok..yea, you can get tea!  I guess I should taste sweet tea while I am down here and see for myself.   :D
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

NoVa

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2005, 11:22:25 AM »

I'm from Texas, and I don't even know what "properly-made sweet tea" is. I can't stand junk in my tea.

As noted before- Teaxs is its own littel world and the normal rules of society don't apply there ;)

Properly made sweet tea involves putting the sugar in while the tea is still hot.  The sugar dissolves better and the sweetness is dsitributedly uniformly thoughout the tea.  Just throwing a packet of sweetener in a galss of unsweetened tea winds up with a glob of sugar at the bottom of a glass of unsweetened tea. 

It's just a type of comfort food for those of us that grew up with sweet tea.  Like pizza for NYers or fish tacos for SoCalers.
3.32, 160
4 years experience as a patent examiner
Attending: American
Accept: UMD, Catholic
WL: GMU
Reject:GULC, GWU

PresClay_00

« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2005, 11:23:25 AM »

As noted before- Teaxs is its own littel world and the normal rules of society don't apply there ;)

Properly made sweet tea involves putting the sugar in while the tea is still hot.  The sugar dissolves better and the sweetness is dsitributedly uniformly thoughout the tea.  Just throwing a packet of sweetener in a galss of unsweetened tea winds up with a glob of sugar at the bottom of a glass of unsweetened tea. 

It's just a type of comfort food for those of us that grew up with sweet tea.  Like pizza for NYers or fish tacos for SoCalers.

you beat me to it, but almost exactly what i had typed (except for the tacos thing - i still don't understand that)