Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syracuse Anyone?  (Read 1615 times)

CPSinvestigator

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Put the F-ing Midget in the basket!!!"
    • View Profile
    • Email
Syracuse Anyone?
« on: April 17, 2005, 10:08:29 PM »
Per Lawschoolnumbers.com there hasnt been any movement regarding Syracuse since April 8th. Has anyone else heard from them recently? i cant believe it taking this long!!!this is the last school im waiting for and its my first choice.

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Syracuse Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 10:27:17 PM »
i got accepted last week and am probably going (letter came on Thurs April 14th dated April 11th).  Yeah they seem pretty slow but there are still two more accepted student days april 22 and 29th  good luck
I love my philly phanatic :)

CPSinvestigator

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 10:48:52 PM »
thanks for your response. they must send letters out on mondays. that seems to be common with them. what are your numbers and when did you apply. again, thanks for your input and congratulations on your acceptance.

borntofly021

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 12:19:56 AM »
biolawgirl - if you don't mind my asking, what were your numbers? I am waiting to hear from Syracuse! It's kind of a long shot, I think, but a girl can hope, right?
Crank up the band, play the steel guitar.
Hank it up a little, let's rock this bar.
Threw back a shot; yelled: "I'm a George Strait junkie.
"Ah-ooh-hoo, play somethin' country."

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 12:39:51 AM »
everyone considering Syracuse over others, tell me why please.  all opinions welcome.

Freznic

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 02:06:09 PM »
If you got a bad vibe at PSU, which I am not sure I heard you indicate before, then I would stay away. However, if the bad vibe was that the prospectives were cold... and that is the full description of your vibe... I gotta say, visit Syracuse and then choose. My experience of the Northeast is that a lot of people come off as cold. I think the fact that you are looking at each program's strength is really good! Also, if people (self-included) are making you feel nervous, remember that most of us are in the same exact situation as you are... PRE-law. Most of us know nothing  ;) !

Ok.  my numbers are 156 LSAT 2.9 ugpa and 3.5 grad gpa both in biomedical science.

I am considering Syracuse because except for wailtlists my other choice is Penn state dickinson.  I visited Dickinson last weekend and wasn't too thrilled with it. I have to visit Syracuse on the 29th, but I have a cousin that goes there and a freind that went there.  Both seem to be pretty successful and like/d it.  I think their technology, law and management program seems really interesting which is what i would do. I am scared of the weather tho :) Also, their grade curve seems on the lower side. So i am wiating to make up my mind until I visit it myself.  The people on teh board have made me a littl nerovous talking about the aloof profs.

tal1234

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 04:22:26 PM »
I am going to visit Syracuse this weekend and am guessing that I will probably be going there.  I've never been, but I'm used to the cold weather.

I don't think I will have time to look for places to live this weekend, but does anyone have any suggestions about good places?

BeesKnees

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 05:13:41 PM »
I too would like to hear about places to live if anyone knows anything.  I am contemplating living in the grad residence, but am not totally sold. I am currently overseas and will not be able to look until i get back in June, and want to be able to hit the ground running.

rpniner36

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 05:53:30 PM »
I spoke with their admissions office late last week, they said that a large batch of WL notices were being sent but wouldnt elaborate on any other admissions decisions.

CPSinvestigator

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 07:28:31 PM »
rpniner:

were they rude when you called about the decisions? did they at least say if anyone else is being accepted? when did you apply and what are your numbers?