Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is Scholarship $$$$ overrated when picking a Law School?  (Read 1169 times)

Cenerentola

• View Profile
Re: Is Scholarship $$$$ overrated when picking a Law School?
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 10:16:43 PM »
Like Florida Guy said, thanks Eegah for going to Case!  Now could you just pass on that SLU scholarship to me?  ;D  I think that is how it should work... you turn down a school/money, and you can pass it off to someone on the board.  Sounds fair to me! 
BTW, congrats again-- you have some major accomplishments!

Ragnar Danneskjold

• Sr. Citizen
  • Atlas Shrugged...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 12:36:34 AM »
I think i have the same kind of problem that many 0Ls have. I'm in at Santa Clara, now T3, and also at Villanova, which has moved up a bit this year. Santa Clara gave me a lot of money, villanova hasn't come through with any money yet. This is tough. i think that villanova has a better name, rep, etc. and the degree may travel better than one from SCU, but it is hard to turn down a good deal at Santa Clara.

choices, choices... I think if villanova gives me a decent amount, i can make it work there. If they get all tight-fisted, then i will be chillin in silicon valley come august.
I'm an NYC boy, 153/3.3

ATTENDING: Santa Clara w/$$$
Accepted: Marquette($), Villanova, Howard, Univ. San Francisco($) 
Out: Boston College, Temple, Michigan State Univ.
Wait List: Seattle Univ., Univ. Pittsburgh, Rutgers-Newark, Syracuse

SuperMoni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 03:50:46 PM »
I think i have the same kind of problem that many 0Ls have. I'm in at Santa Clara, now T3, and also at Villanova, which has moved up a bit this year. Santa Clara gave me a lot of money, villanova hasn't come through with any money yet. This is tough. i think that villanova has a better name, rep, etc. and the degree may travel better than one from SCU, but it is hard to turn down a good deal at Santa Clara.

choices, choices... I think if villanova gives me a decent amount, i can make it work there. If they get all tight-fisted, then i will be chillin in silicon valley come august.

Where do you want to practice?  That's whay I'd be most concerned about...

Ragnar Danneskjold

• Sr. Citizen
  • Atlas Shrugged...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 05:13:53 PM »
I can see myself in either place, but i would prefer the east coast. But i don't think i could do 42K/yr in loans. I would rather relocate and have to work out west for a few years and then come back to the east coast when i am more established as a good attorney. But if all things were equal, it would be Villanova.
I'm an NYC boy, 153/3.3

ATTENDING: Santa Clara w/$$$
Accepted: Marquette($), Villanova, Howard, Univ. San Francisco($) 
Out: Boston College, Temple, Michigan State Univ.
Wait List: Seattle Univ., Univ. Pittsburgh, Rutgers-Newark, Syracuse