Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best Approach in Re-taking the LSAT?  (Read 747 times)

BC 3L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Best Approach in Re-taking the LSAT?
« on: May 28, 2004, 12:12:49 PM »
So here is the background information on my situation. 

I took the LSAT in June of 2002 after taking a princeton review course.  In all honesty, I didn't really take the course or the test too seriously and of course, I saw little improvement.  I didn't do bad, but I scored in the 77%-tile. (158)  This is averge to me, especially considering that many people who score below the 50%-tile probably don't end up going to law school.  So, I want to go to a better school than I could go to with my current score. 

How should I study for the nest test that I take.  I understand the layout/types of questions/etc. , but I probably need to fine tune my skills and really take this thing seriously.  I am thinking about getting the Logic Games Bible.  Also, just taking as many different practice LSATs as possible (LIKE M2 is doing now).  Any other suggestions.  I really want to improve my anaytical reasoning skills (the short question sections), how do i do this?  And one last thing, anyone out there used the Kaplan 180 book?

Tell me your thoughts!

nathanielmark

Re: Best Approach in Re-taking the LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 12:25:52 PM »
Clearly, the best approach in Re-Taking the LSAT would a Re-Take of the LSAT.
  this is just my opinion though.

So here is the background information on my situation. 

I took the LSAT in June of 2002 after taking a princeton review course.  In all honesty, I didn't really take the course or the test too seriously and of course, I saw little improvement.  I didn't do bad, but I scored in the 77%-tile. (158)  This is averge to me, especially considering that many people who score below the 50%-tile probably don't end up going to law school.  So, I want to go to a better school than I could go to with my current score. 

How should I study for the nest test that I take.  I understand the layout/types of questions/etc. , but I probably need to fine tune my skills and really take this thing seriously.  I am thinking about getting the Logic Games Bible.  Also, just taking as many different practice LSATs as possible (LIKE M2 is doing now).  Any other suggestions.  I really want to improve my anaytical reasoning skills (the short question sections), how do i do this?  And one last thing, anyone out there used the Kaplan 180 book?

Tell me your thoughts!

BC 3L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Best Approach in Re-taking the LSAT?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 12:35:44 PM »
truly monumental advice!  thanks and know that i am definitely taking that to heart