Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: December 7th/2002 solutions  (Read 2019 times)

illusions

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
December 7th/2002 solutions
« on: December 07, 2002, 09:13:25 AM »
Hello,
can anyone please share with me which section was the unscored on the december 7/02 Lsat?? and secondly, how did you find the test over all? Do you feel like it was comparible to the other lsats?

Cheers, and Good Luck  :)

lsat

Re: December 7th/2002 solutions
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 06:02:45 AM »
Both my 3rd and 4th were reading comp.  But I think the experimental section can vary from test to test.  i'd love to figure this one out too.  what section of yours was experimental?   :P

Brian Boone

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 08:51:08 AM »
Hello,
  We can figure this out easily.  If you can remember what kinds of games you had in the Logic Games Section, we can figure out which section was experimental.  I had two Logic Games Sections, so one of them must have been the experimental section on my test.  What were your games about?

Your experiemental reading section was the one that did not have the passage about Mexican mural paintings, because my test had that in my only reading section.  You see what I mean?  What were your games about?

lsat

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2002, 09:28:58 AM »
i believe the 3rd was experimental; but it may vary from test to test.

the game with birthdays, fish picking, conferences & folders was the real thing.

did you have any idea what the fairy tale passage was about?

the game with the conferences got me.

Brian Boone

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2002, 09:43:24 AM »
The fairy tale passage was centered on the psychologist's tendency to only view fairy tales as morally-bound tools for instructing typically selfish children and his tendency to portray adults as innocent.   So you had the fishing game on yours?  I thought the last few questions on that game were too involved.

Brian Boone

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2002, 09:46:43 AM »
What was the birthday game?  I though the birthday game and the fishing area games were in different sections in my test.  

lsat

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2002, 10:01:23 AM »
the game involved a girl picking fish; the fishing game was in the experimental section from what i gather.  my logic game section (i only had one) was colored folders, birthday/ left right handed kids, conference and girl picking fish.
thx for the fairy tale explanation :)

mike

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2002, 10:55:28 AM »
Hey guys, you can tell what the experimental section was on your exam by counting up the total number of questions given.  the real reading comp had the fairy tales passage and consisted of 28 questions.  this makes the logical reasoning with 24 questions the legitimate section.  also experimentals are given before the break.

i think the test was pretty good except for the conference game, did you guys have any luck on that?  

The trick on the left handed and right handed birthday game was that since there was a left handed kid born in 1992, and a right handed one born 1994 (name began with U) that there could be no kid born in 1993 since no two left handed kids and no two right handed kids could be next to eachother.

the first game was a sequencing game and you needed to know that m was before 0 and there was at least 1 space between them, and that n and p had the same restriction(im not sure of the exact variables)  but the key was to notice that that it could have been mnop rather than simply m-on-p.  this gave the answer to what is the max distance that n and p could be from eachother.  --mno---p

k was the key variable in the fish game.  k could be chosen by itself.  it is the only variable that could be alone.

please please please tell me how to do that stupid conference game.  i had no idea.