Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which LSAT is the easiest?  (Read 931 times)

pnkfloyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Which LSAT is the easiest?
« on: April 17, 2005, 02:50:18 AM »
When is the best time to take the LSAT, all things considered equal? People claim that there is at least one LSAT that is easier than the rest given each year. I need to find-out which on that is. More than half the people I know who actually know anything worth knowing about the LSAT hint that itís not the June test cuz that is actually the hardest.  All relevant feedback is more than welcomed.

UNZERLEGBAR

ramason

• AOL Instant Messenger - Roxanna1314
    • View Profile
Re: Which LSAT is the easiest?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 03:43:59 AM »
From what I saw when I was studying this varies every year--get a book of the most recent LSATs available to study from and see if there is one particular time of year that is easier for you.  Also, I think that June is easier just because you are less likely to have other things going on when you are studying.  Really though, there's no way to predict how "difficult" a given LSAT will be--the whole point of a standardized test is that IF it is an easier test you will have to do better on it to get the same score as you would on an "easier" test with fewer correct answers.  There's no real way to predict EXACTLY what will be on a given administration--like no one predicted that last year's June test would have fewer games questions and more reading comp questions than normal--because of that (only really a couple of questions difference) it was an "easier" test than me because I was awesome at RC and terrible at games--led to me winding up getting a higher score on the real thing than on any practices.  Just study your arse off and take it when you have the most free  time to study and you should be fine.
LSAT:  169
UGPA:  3.29
Accepted:  WUSTL$, SLU$$$
WL:  Northwestern, UIUC
Rejected:  GW
Pending: Penn, Emory, Vandy

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 04:37:35 PM »
the sabbath test is always the easiest in order to ensure that the jewish domination of the legal profession continues.

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 08:10:32 PM »
Ask yourself this. Why would LSAC make one test easier than the others? Or if it's not something they're actively doing, Why would they allow one test to be easier?
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

pnkfloyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 02:30:53 AM »
Ask yourself this. Why would LSAC make one test easier than the others? Or if it's not something they're actively doing, Why would they allow one test to be easier?

We can speculate for decades. The converse question is just as fair game. Why wouldnít they make at least one out four easier?

Statistically, LSAC can afford to increase difficulty for the June test cuz they have more test takers.  Doing so may easily permit them to fish for really proficient test takers with high percentiles without causing an adverse effect of narrowing the pool of candidates applying to law school that same year.  Whereas on later test days the number of test takers decrease so they really canít afford to cut too many candidates worth keeping.  Itís a numbers game.
UNZERLEGBAR