Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Best to Approach a Re-take of the LSAT  (Read 1002 times)

BC 3L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
How Best to Approach a Re-take of the LSAT
« on: May 28, 2004, 12:04:45 PM »
So here is the background information on my situation.  I took the LSAT in June of 2002 after taking a princeton review course.  In all honesty, I didn't really take the course or the test too seriously and of course, i saw little grade improvement.  I didn't do bad, but I scored in the 77%-tile. (158)  This is averge to me, especially considering that many people who score below the 50%-tile probably don't end up going to law school.  So, I want to go to a better school than I could go to with my current score.  How should I study for the nest test that I take.  I understand the layout/types of questions/etc. , but I probably need to fine tune and really take this thing seriously.  I am thinking about getting the Logic Games Bible.  Also, just taking as many different practice LSATs as possible (LIKE M2).  Any other suggestions.  I really want to improve my anaytical reasoning skills (the short question sections), how do i do this? 

Tell me your thoughts!

nathanielmark

Re: How Best to Approach a Re-take of the LSAT
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 12:26:38 PM »
I strongly believe that the best way to approach a Re-Take the LSAT would be by Re-Taking the LSAT.

hope this helps.

So here is the background information on my situation.  I took the LSAT in June of 2002 after taking a princeton review course.  In all honesty, I didn't really take the course or the test too seriously and of course, i saw little grade improvement.  I didn't do bad, but I scored in the 77%-tile. (158)  This is averge to me, especially considering that many people who score below the 50%-tile probably don't end up going to law school.  So, I want to go to a better school than I could go to with my current score.  How should I study for the nest test that I take.  I understand the layout/types of questions/etc. , but I probably need to fine tune and really take this thing seriously.  I am thinking about getting the Logic Games Bible.  Also, just taking as many different practice LSATs as possible (LIKE M2).  Any other suggestions.  I really want to improve my anaytical reasoning skills (the short question sections), how do i do this? 

Tell me your thoughts!

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 01:03:27 PM »
Nobody seems to get my joke.  or care...  where is marista for my daily affirmation?

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 01:21:29 PM »
You are very funny.  I like your joke. You are a very nice boy--now put your clothes back on please.

nola8688

• Sr. Citizen
  • THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 01:23:41 PM »
Nobody seems to get my joke.  or care...  where is marista for my daily affirmation?

I thought it was mildly amusing, no chuckle points though.

To the poster - the best way to improve is hard work... as if you didn't know  :P
Rise and shine and give off your glory glory!!!

BC 3L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 01:34:48 PM »
yeah so my question may have been a little obvious, but more precisly are they any books that work on analytical arguments?  i know that there are a ton for games, but games aren't so difficult for me.  i haven't seen any books on the analytical reasoning.  are there any out there?

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 04:03:47 PM »
yeah so my question may have been a little obvious, but more precisly are they any books that work on analytical arguments?  i know that there are a ton for games, but games aren't so difficult for me.  i haven't seen any books on the analytical reasoning.  are there any out there?

IMO with LR, if you can master assumption and inference questions, then you are basically all set.

i think there's also a LR bible....

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 04:07:49 PM »

if youre talking about logical reasoning, there is a general concensus that the NOVA book is pretty good.  but LR and RC are sections that need tons and tons of practice, whereas with games, there are certain techniques and formulas that can facilitate your understanding. 
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 06:47:59 PM »
There *will* be a logical reasoning bible...this summer sometime.  Too late for me! :(