Law School Discussion

Cal Western and Chapman in regards to Criminal Law

Cal Western and Chapman in regards to Criminal Law
« on: April 16, 2005, 04:07:03 PM »
Hi, 
  I am still waiting to hear on 4 more of my schools but as it stands now I have been accepted to Cal Western with 10k and Chapman with 9k.  I am wondering what the general opinion is regarding these schools relative to criminal law ( I want to be a prosecutor).  Thanks for any responses.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
Re: Cal Western and Chapman in regards to Criminal Law
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 05:50:02 PM »
Hey Mrs ...
I actually don't know the answer to your question, but I just wanted to say it's cool you want to be a prosecutor. I want to be a prosecutor too, but I'm seriously worried about being able to pay off my loans.  ??? I'm hoping and hoping that I will get some outside scholarships.
I suggest you look up prosecutors from Orange County on the calbar website and see where most of them went to school.

dave303

• La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 05:52:26 PM »
If you want to do government work in southern california cal western should be just fine.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 07:46:20 PM »
Hi, 
  I am still waiting to hear on 4 more of my schools but as it stands now I have been accepted to Cal Western with 10k and Chapman with 9k.  I am wondering what the general opinion is regarding these schools relative to criminal law ( I want to be a prosecutor).  Thanks for any responses.

The schools are similar in many respects. Chapman is relateive new, so it doesn't have the alumni base that Cal Western does;  I'd go with Cal Western, particularly if you planned on staying in San Diego.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 01:28:02 AM »
So my scholarships are not renewable.....  :( Do you think that Chapman would have an increased probablity of better 2L and 3L scholarships since they have more money in the school??