Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cal Western and Chapman in regards to Criminal Law  (Read 305 times)

mrsdclare

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • View Profile
    • Email
Cal Western and Chapman in regards to Criminal Law
« on: April 16, 2005, 06:07:03 PM »
Hi, 
  I am still waiting to hear on 4 more of my schools but as it stands now I have been accepted to Cal Western with 10k and Chapman with 9k.  I am wondering what the general opinion is regarding these schools relative to criminal law ( I want to be a prosecutor).  Thanks for any responses.
Pending:  UC Hastings, USF, McGeorge, UC Davis, Santa Clara

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
Re: Cal Western and Chapman in regards to Criminal Law
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 07:50:02 PM »
Hey Mrs ...
I actually don't know the answer to your question, but I just wanted to say it's cool you want to be a prosecutor. I want to be a prosecutor too, but I'm seriously worried about being able to pay off my loans.  ??? I'm hoping and hoping that I will get some outside scholarships.
I suggest you look up prosecutors from Orange County on the calbar website and see where most of them went to school.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 07:52:26 PM »
If you want to do government work in southern california cal western should be just fine.

BoscoBreaux

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 09:46:20 PM »
Hi, 
  I am still waiting to hear on 4 more of my schools but as it stands now I have been accepted to Cal Western with 10k and Chapman with 9k.  I am wondering what the general opinion is regarding these schools relative to criminal law ( I want to be a prosecutor).  Thanks for any responses.

The schools are similar in many respects. Chapman is relateive new, so it doesn't have the alumni base that Cal Western does;  I'd go with Cal Western, particularly if you planned on staying in San Diego.

mrsdclare

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 03:28:02 AM »
So my scholarships are not renewable.....  :( Do you think that Chapman would have an increased probablity of better 2L and 3L scholarships since they have more money in the school??
Pending:  UC Hastings, USF, McGeorge, UC Davis, Santa Clara