Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: does this mean we are all insane?  (Read 718 times)

anner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
does this mean we are all insane?
« on: April 16, 2005, 01:31:35 AM »
"many schools inflate their “selectivity” by giving fee waivers to applicants who have no chance of getting in.  NYU is reported to have pioneered in this arena, but many others have followed suit."

http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/bleiter/rankings/guide.html

really.  are we?  perhaps I am crying over spilled milk about the waitlists.  or Hastings being the first school i applied to and the last to let me know (ya HEAR me???? HUH?!?!?)

I think they make it seem harder than it is and we are all giving in to the madness. 
big. fat. manly.

BoscoBreaux

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: does this mean we are all insane?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 10:08:39 PM »
"many schools inflate their “selectivity” by giving fee waivers to applicants who have no chance of getting in.  NYU is reported to have pioneered in this arena, but many others have followed suit."

http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/bleiter/rankings/guide.html

really.  are we?  perhaps I am crying over spilled milk about the waitlists.  or Hastings being the first school i applied to and the last to let me know (ya HEAR me???? HUH?!?!?)

I think they make it seem harder than it is and we are all giving in to the madness. 

Yeah, i figured that out when I got a fee waiver from Washington & Lee. Other than having an LSAT score 6 points below their average and being a non-URM, why else would they want me? lol  No wonder their acceptance rate is so low!

Trel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: does this mean we are all insane?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 12:29:27 PM »
I got a fee waiver late fall from Northwestern and with my numbers, along with the fact I'm your typical white male straight out of college with no WE at all, I didn't even bother.  I figured it was just to boost their selectivity ranking. 
You can see my numbers at LSN