Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Only Real Reason For Why AA Should Be In Place  (Read 3773 times)

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Only Real Reason For Why AA Should Be In Place
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 01:00:26 AM »
Haven't I already told you I am not a fan of bathroom humor.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2005, 07:33:32 AM »
you not show much familiarity with any sort of humor.

pittsburghphil

• wacha lookin' at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2005, 06:07:25 AM »
well let's talk about fairness then. jews have been persecuted by nearly every country on earth for only about 5700 years. maybe if I claim that america was responsible for the millions gased in concentration camps because they didn't bomb the railroad tracks leading into the camps, somebody will decide to give me remuneration. but gosh darnit! most jews are already doctors and lawyers, so what am I going to demand? and how many jews are there? a whole lot less than blacks or hispanics. is it my fault they're underepresented? I think not, but I still have to pay for not having done anything 'oppressive' to any other race, not having been born in the us.

I guess we didn't female dog about it and demand unfair advantages, such as reverse discrimination, and quotas. After that many years of discrimination and anti-semitism we're friggin used to it, we just went out and competed on an even playing field. and won! AA IS FVCKIN' BULLS***!

battousaiken

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2005, 06:30:16 AM »
well let's talk about fairness then. jews have been persecuted by nearly every country on earth for only about 5700 years. maybe if I claim that america was responsible for the millions gased in concentration camps because they didn't bomb the railroad tracks leading into the camps, somebody will decide to give me remuneration. but gosh darnit! most jews are already doctors and lawyers, so what am I going to demand? and how many jews are there? a whole lot less than blacks or hispanics. is it my fault they're underepresented? I think not, but I still have to pay for not having done anything 'oppressive' to any other race, not having been born in the us.

I guess we didn't female dog about it and demand unfair advantages, such as reverse discrimination, and quotas. After that many years of discrimination and anti-semitism we're friggin used to it, we just went out and competed on an even playing field. and won! AA IS FVCKIN' BULLS***!

bull if you think there was no AA for Jews! After the war Americans were so shocked and full of pity about the Holocaust that they gave Jews whatever they wanted. HTH.

Trinitygunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • That's my baby picture?
    • MSN Messenger - kennfukuda@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Trinitygunner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2005, 09:38:14 AM »
Wow. an AA debate...being an Asian-American (the group that gets shafted the most by traditional AA policies), i'm still a strong supporter of AA. I think what we need to do is clarify the idea of "most qualified" vs. "most appropriate." AA does not necessarily select the most appropriate applicant, but the applicant that brings the "most" to the table, in terms of making law school (or anything else, for that matter), a more intellectually and culturally stimulating environment. We all cry and whine about test-scores and GPAs being weighted too much, yet when something is brought about such as AA people cry and whine some more. If we only took the highest grades/test scores, then we'd end up with a, more or less, all-white and all-east Asian student body, and that, my friends is good for nobody. Color is fun, culture is fun, the more different people are, the merrier!
final product...pending approval: 94 pages

pittsburghphil

• wacha lookin' at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2005, 11:20:32 PM »

bull if you think there was no AA for Jews! After the war Americans were so shocked and full of pity about the Holocaust that they gave Jews whatever they wanted. HTH.

whatever they wanted? really? name one thing? they were given preference in schools and jobs? you know you should really get your facts straight before you reveal any more of your puerile ignorance. They received NOTHING except for the chance to move to america and start over, living in the same ghettos italians and irish lived in. not surprising considering america knew all about the holocaust from the very start. 

so returning to my point, if there is AA, then it should be applied to all minorites, not just ones who are still in the dumps when it comes to socioeconomics.

battousaiken

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 06:41:31 AM »

whatever they wanted? really? name one thing? they were given preference in schools and jobs? you know you should really get your facts straight before you reveal any more of your puerile ignorance. They received NOTHING except for the chance to move to america and start over, living in the same ghettos italians and irish lived in. not surprising considering america knew all about the holocaust from the very start. 

so returning to my point, if there is AA, then it should be applied to all minorites, not just ones who are still in the dumps when it comes to socioeconomics.

You are simply wrong. I am not an anti-semite, but the Jews are the teacher's pets of America. So a madman tried to wipe them out. Over the full scope of history blacks, latinos/hispanics, and Asians have suffered much more than Jews and STILL face racism and diminished opportunities. Wake up.

Ordack

• Duck beh farsi chi misheh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2005, 07:01:44 AM »

I'm not trying to get in on the whole AA debate...but in response to the statement in bold...how about their own country...Israel.  It was recognized almost immediately by the US and USSR in 1948. 

battousaiken

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2005, 10:05:26 AM »

I'm not trying to get in on the whole AA debate...but in response to the statement in bold...how about their own country...Israel.  It was recognized almost immediately by the US and USSR in 1948. 

This is right. I didn't want to mention this because it was way too obvious, but that's a great example. When has the US ever tried to recognize PR, Guam, and other territories as independent nations? Never, all referendums are carried out by the territories themselves, and US presidents are always quick to say that the territories are too important, blah, blah, blah. However, Jews suffer for a limited period of time and Israel is immediately recognized. Enough said.

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2005, 10:07:45 AM »
Oh, the number of things we could do with this logic.

Let's start by putting Germans in consentration camps.

Actually let's start by putting you in a spelling camp.

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006