Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My Impressions of Case  (Read 1424 times)

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My Impressions of Case
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 10:09:16 PM »
From what I've heard from Case students and grads the City does not like Case grads.  So, I would think that Case grads would place better in places other than Cleveland.

stbomb15

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 05:37:44 PM »
"From what I've heard from Case students and grads the City does not like Case grads.  So, I would think that Case grads would place better in places other than Cleveland."

That CANNOT be a good thing.  I haven't heard that.   :-\

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 06:19:45 PM »
"That CANNOT be a good thing.  I haven't heard that.   :-\"

Don't take too much from that.  I don't want to be one of the people one this board who goes around sh1tting on people's balloons.  Just what four or five people have told me.  One of them got her BS and soon MS from Case and decided to go to CSU (nine or so blocks down the street) because of the regional strength of CSU as supposed to the undertones of disrespect for Case Law grads.  So, she may be tainted... who knows.  Just thought I'd give that view.  Any other Clevelanders here either way?

To be totally transparent, let me say that I did NOT get into Case and did get into CSU (where I'll be in the Fall).  But, I'll be working for a few hours a week at Case for the benefits.

stbomb15

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 11:02:22 PM »
I gotcha,  I just wanna know these things when applying...  The more you know, the easier time you have choosing a school.

If a lot of people in Cleveland don't like Case students, then where are they all going? 

That is an odd thing.

hummer69

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 06:14:54 PM »
Well, I am still an undergrad at OSU, and will be applying to law school next fall. I, however, have some insight onto Cleveland and Case.  I went to high school in downtown Cleveland (all boys Catholic school) and got a good impression of the area.  The east side of Cleveland is quite odd, either you're in the ghetto or you're in a ridiculously wealthy neighborhood.  The cost of living surely beats most cities.  Cleveland is not huge as a city because everyone lives in the suburbs.  Travel to the west side of Cleveland sometime (checkout Crocker Park -it's amazing) to get a feel for what the city is truly like.  Case gets a bad rap among Clevelanders sometimes because of its social stigma.  All of my undergrad friends say it is so boring, that the school itself has no social seen, which is probably because of the very large number of international students.  I don't know if that helps.  My uncle went to Case Law School and he is a circuit judge in Kentucky now and I know tons of people who went there and are now lawyers in Cleveland.  The law school is highly respected in the area (my parents beg me to go there, but I have to leave Ohio for a few years).  Well, good luck in your decision making!
English Majors and LSAT are not not friends

LSAT - Waiting
GPA - 3.65

Apps in at - Michigan, UVA, Emory, WUSTL, Wake, Miami

violet5

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 07:00:29 PM »
  All of my undergrad friends say it is so boring, that the school itself has no social seen, which is probably because of the very large number of international students. 

Yes, there is a large number of international students, but Case is very graduate student oriented. I believe that the majority of Case students are graduate students. The undergrads don't rule the campus like a lot of schools, so it is understandable that there's not a crazy social scene going on. Just lots of overly serious grad students like we will be.  :)

I agree though, most Clevelanders live outside of the city. It is a large, widespread area with quite a bit to offer, in my opinion. Of course, it's no New York City or Chicago, but I think its a great town if you know where to look.
2.93/159

ATTENDING: PITT!
Accepted: Toledo, Cleveland Marshall (4K/yr.-withdrawn), Seton Hall, Rutgers-Newark, Buffalo, Pitt, U Pacific
Rejected: Ohio State, Cincinnati, Temple, St.Johns
Waitlisted: Chicago-Kent, DePaul, Loyola Chicago, IU-Indy, Catholic, Case (all withdrawn)

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 07:23:44 PM »
From what I've heard from Case students and grads the City does not like Case grads.  So, I would think that Case grads would place better in places other than Cleveland.

This is a huge pile of dog poo.  Case places very well all throughout Ohio.  Especially Cleveland!

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2005, 05:27:02 PM »
Paperback, are you still considering Case?  I can't remember my own name anymore!

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2005, 05:40:50 PM »
Paperback, are you still considering Case?  I can't remember my own name anymore!

I decided not to attend Case Western Reserve.  Being rejected by them had nothing to do with it.   ;)