Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Finally in at Temple !!  (Read 1427 times)

SuperMoni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Finally in at Temple !!
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 11:04:22 PM »
thanks stateofbeasley!  are you by any chance a "beasley scholar"?  Also, if you don't mind me asking, where abouts in Philly do you live?  I've been looking in housing and would appreciate any advice

stateofbeasley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The State of Beasley blog
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 08:49:44 AM »
I've got a "Law Faculty" somethingortheother, so no full ride, but close ;D

I live in Center City. Unfortunately, most of the affordable apartments here are old and in generally bad shape. My friends who live out in Manyunk or out by the Art Museum have much nicer places, but it is a bit more difficult for them to get to school.

thanks stateofbeasley!  are you by any chance a "beasley scholar"?  Also, if you don't mind me asking, where abouts in Philly do you live?  I've been looking in housing and would appreciate any advice

JDubs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2005, 01:21:14 PM »
stateofbeasley, completely off topic but what do season tickets for men's hoops run students?
LSN

Going to Temple's Evening Program in '07!

stateofbeasley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 02:54:52 PM »
I have no idea what season tickets might cost! Temple's website might be able to tell you or at least give you the ticket office telephone #.

mxpocc

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 08:00:12 PM »
I've got a "Law Faculty" somethingortheother, so no full ride, but close ;D

I live in Center City. Unfortunately, most of the affordable apartments here are old and in generally bad shape. My friends who live out in Manyunk or out by the Art Museum have much nicer places, but it is a bit more difficult for them to get to school.

what do you know about south philly neighborhoods and the condition of apartments there?

stateofbeasley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2005, 03:42:04 PM »
I haven't been to South Philly much. I've seen some of the townhouses on South Street and come away pretty impressed. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Some of the people I've met at Temple (support staff generally) live in South Philly and say that the housing is getting more expensive.

what do you know about south philly neighborhoods and the condition of apartments there?

JDubs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2005, 04:41:40 PM »
hey s.o.b.

whats the word on the Draughthorse?  decent place to get a beer or is it over crowded?
LSN

Going to Temple's Evening Program in '07!

stateofbeasley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 04:27:27 PM »
Heh, here's what I know about the Draught Horse: (1) Lager is generally inexpensive (for here in the city at least) during happy hour specials :D $1.50 on tap last time I went. (2) They never check ID. Not an issue for law students generally, but I'm sure there are more than a few ugrads there drinking when they shouldn't be ;D (3) Service is slow sometimes. If you're at a table, its best to get your drinks at the bar and take them back with you.

It's a good place to hang out. On Fridays, it's usually busy but not crowded.

hey s.o.b.

whats the word on the Draughthorse?  decent place to get a beer or is it over crowded?

Dank Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005, 09:29:37 PM »
Congrats!

I'm on the waitlist @ Temple myself and am going to write a "letter of continued interest" to help my case.  I checked out the campus/law school last weekend and was very impressed.

I'm pretty sure I'll go to Temple if accepted, but I'm not 100%.  I'm trying to come up with the best way to say this in my letter--I don't want to say I'll definitely accept if admitted if I'm not 100%.

makotosan

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey, I didn't know boys felt like this inside.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - simulatedasian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005, 09:54:43 PM »
I, too, attended the open house, and it finished making up my mind to go there (okay, my mind was mostly made up when I learned about the semester in Tokyo, the facilities just sealed the deal.) Maybe I'll see you in the fall!  ;D

And thanks for the general info, stateofbeasley, great things to know... I got the law faculty whateveryacallit scholarship too.  :P
Attending: Temple ($)
Accepted: Seton Hall (full $), St. John's (full $), Hofstra (full $), Lewis and Clark ($), Pitt ($)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=makotosan

http://excessivedicta.blogspot.com/