Law School Discussion

Live like a student??

sarahz

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Live like a student??
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2004, 12:08:52 PM »
Yeah, i had my heart set on NY but after visiting it seems like they really want to help you do well...and chicago seems like a great city to be in -i've only visited once for a long weekend.  I think another factor in my decision to live downtown is that i am moving from a patheticly small town and have been craving big-city life for the 5 years i've been here. (here being eugene, oregon)

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2004, 12:15:10 PM »
you're going to LOVE chicago!!! I've been to nyc often and can say that although I love it, It's NOTHING compared to chicago. Chicago is so clean, so diverse, people are friendlier... I just love it.. hope you love it too.

dsong02

• small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2004, 12:19:14 PM »
you're going to LOVE chicago!!! I've been to nyc often and can say that although I love it, It's NOTHING compared to chicago. Chicago is so clean, so diverse, people are friendlier... I just love it.. hope you love it too.

well...if you like that clean, diverse, and friendly environment.

i like the fact that i can yell '@#!* you' as my morning greeting to my doorman at my building.  hey, but to each his/her own...

thechoson

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »
It's all about Los Angeles.  The unfriendly people, the left wing liberals, the traffic, the smog.

How can you not love LA?

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2004, 12:49:48 PM »
i thought this thread reads

how to live like a stud :D

jgruber

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2004, 12:52:29 PM »
It's all about Los Angeles.  The unfriendly people, the left wing liberals, the traffic, the smog.

How can you not love LA?

Hey, LA has right wing liberals too.

Todd

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2004, 10:03:57 AM »
Ok I am looking for a place to live in Chicago while attending DePaul.  They have housing available, a 4br with 4 other students for $950 ea. per month.  That's a ton of money to share an apartment in my humble opinion.  However, it's only two blocks from the law school.  Does anyone have a better idea?  I need to get this taken care of as time is running out fast.

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2004, 03:05:01 PM »
Todd,if you find out any information please let me know because that was my whole issue with DePaul and living in Chicago. I was accepted there but it seems like I am not going to be able to afford the housing there especially at the University Center they keep advertising. I am just looking for a cheap studio or a 1 bdr apt but I havent been successful at all.

sarahz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2004, 12:23:21 PM »
How much are you willing to spend...unless you are planning on living a ways out from the school i doubt you are going to find a studio/1bdrm for less then $700.  There are neighborhoods that are accessible by public transportation that are cheaper but you'll have a commute.  but how much cheaper do you expect to get??  i mean, no matter where you look, if you wanna live in a bigger city youre going to have more expensive housing!!

Todd,if you find out any information please let me know because that was my whole issue with DePaul and living in Chicago. I was accepted there but it seems like I am not going to be able to afford the housing there especially at the University Center they keep advertising. I am just looking for a cheap studio or a 1 bdr apt but I havent been successful at all.

Todd

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2005, 03:56:53 PM »
Well after a year, I've decided that the commute is a good idea. I went in on a run down 2bdr (all mine) condo 1/2hr from the school. I renovated it with my Dad and sold it this spring. I had housing for free and my Dad pulled in a couple grand. Now I'm living in Bridgeport, still 1/2hr from school and paying $250/mth with 2 roommates in a 3bdr, 1 3/4 bth 2nd floor apt.

CHEAP SAFE HOUSING IS AVAILABLE IN CHICAGO.

As I found out.