Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OSU Moritz- No more acceptances :(  (Read 12887 times)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
Re: OSU Moritz- No more acceptances :(
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2005, 04:18:04 PM »
I will let you all know what happens.  Emailing right now.  At least I have someone's vote of "waitlist" confidence.  Thanks MC!

DannyJunior

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2005, 07:56:26 PM »
Recieved this email yesterday:

As of April 25, 2005, we have not received your deposit or an indication that you have withdrawn  your admission.  We are attempting to determine whether we will be able to make any other offers of admission for the 2005-2006 academic year and would appreciate your assistance in this endeavor.

If you have sent in a deposit or have requested an extension of the deposit deadline, please respond to this email so that I can reflect this information in your file.  If you have not yet received your financial aid package, please let me know and I will have our Director of Financial Aid look into the delay.

If you have decided to begin your law school career elsewhere, I wish you all the best.  Please indicate your decision to withdraw by return email.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kathy Seward Northern
Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs
  and Associate Professor of Law
Moritz College of Law at the Ohio State University

In the rush of life, I had neglected to send in my withdrawal. However, this e-mail seems to leave an open door for more acceptances. Hope this helps!

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2005, 10:36:20 PM »

In the rush of life, I had neglected to send in my withdrawal. However, this e-mail seems to leave an open door for more acceptances. Hope this helps!

Hey man, slip a good word in for me at the end of your withdraw  ;)

alkiremays

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2005, 09:05:34 AM »
Shall we bombard everyone on LSN who has identified that they will attend another school with IMs to send in their withdrawals????

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2005, 09:07:49 AM »
lol.  sounds like a plan!

I am tempted to call their office to get an update, but I don't want to be annoying.

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2005, 11:17:10 AM »
At this point I would say to just wait another week before contacting them. They should be able to determine how many slots they have open by the end of this week, and offers should be sent out next week for any lucky enough to get in this late. If I don't hear anything by this time next week I'm going to call.

Name Changing Queen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2005, 04:03:18 PM »
My husband is, and has been for some time, on "referred" status. (So Hippie you aren't the only one).  I know that they have accepted SOME people in the last couple weeks, or are about to.  I spent 2 hours talking to a "decision making" admissions person last week.

I am accepted at OSU, so we would very seriously consider going there if he were accepted too.  Mr. Admissions said "let me see if you are one of the decision files here on my desk" and sifted through some files, but alas, Husband wasn't there, and is still waiting on a decision.

Case or OSU, I'll be happy at either. :)

Mr. Admissions was very candid and said something like "to be honest, with your numbers, you are unlikely to get in".  He was so candid about everything, I think he would have told me there were no more acceptances to hand out.  Apparently there are a few.
Practice LSATS: 180, 182, 183, 184
Practice GPA: 3.75, 3.81, 4.33

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2005, 04:06:18 PM »
That's interesting. Which would you rank higher? Case or OSU?

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2005, 02:28:25 PM »
So I emailed them on 4/27 and my status went to complete yesterday.  Still no mail from them though.  This is getting ridiculous now!

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2005, 02:52:43 PM »
So I emailed them on 4/27 and my status went to complete yesterday. Still no mail from them though. This is getting ridiculous now!

I went through the same thing.  They really are just that slow....

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,31675.msg508799.html#msg508799
Fed gov't atty