Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OSU Moritz- No more acceptances :(  (Read 13103 times)

bobo21

Re: OSU Moritz- No more acceptances :(
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2005, 03:26:39 PM »
Someone got pulled off the wait list at Maryland and will be attending.  I think they had planned on going to Ohio, so maybe a spot opened up...

Thank you thank you Bobo.  You're going to OSU, aren't you?

I really want to, but when I made the big announcement at work several people (and a few Judges) pulled me aside and said that I should attend Loyola in Los Angeles....so I am completely torn....I like Ohio, but I have developed an incredible network over the years here in California and people think I am crazy to leave it...

alkiremays

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2005, 03:32:16 PM »
Someone got pulled off the wait list at Maryland and will be attending.  I think they had planned on going to Ohio, so maybe a spot opened up...

Did you grow up here or something?  I grew up an hours north of LA and moved here when I was 19.  I'm staying because my Dad is here and is turning 80 this summer.  Some day I will leave and either go back to CA or south or east (got to be beach).  Why do you want to come to OH?

Thank you thank you Bobo.  You're going to OSU, aren't you?

I really want to, but when I made the big announcement at work several people (and a few Judges) pulled me aside and said that I should attend Loyola in Los Angeles....so I am completely torn....I like Ohio, but I have developed an incredible network over the years here in California and people think I am crazy to leave it...

bobo21

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2005, 03:42:27 PM »
Did you grow up here or something?  I grew up an hours north of LA and moved here when I was 19.  I'm staying because my Dad is here and is turning 80 this summer.  Some day I will leave and either go back to CA or south or east (got to be beach).  Why do you want to come to OH?

No, my Mom is from Santa Barbara and that is where my grandparents live as well.  I lived in NYC for several years and went to grad school in LA and lived there for several years.  I was transferred to San Fran last year. 

My brother lives in Ohio.  He went to OSU for undergrad and got married, bought a house in Hilliard and has settled down there, and I have a really cute baby nephew to boot.  I was always jealous of the homeownership thing, and I thought (and still think) that Ohio State is a very good, practical law school, and the price is right (especially with the scholarship I somehow landed).

I really am torn between Loyol and Ohio.  I've written about it in a few posts.  Still don't know which way I will go, private schools are so expenseive and I don't like debt.

alkiremays

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2005, 04:06:05 PM »
Well are you thinking about settling in Ohio?  I live in the burbs - Hilliard City Schools but just outside of Hilliard.  I grew up in both Jersey and CA (teenage years in CA).  Ohio is a good place to settle and have a family really.  I just get tired of the winters and grey skies.  HOWEVER, my brother lives in Newbury Park (Ventura County) and has a house around my size, 30 years old.  His is going for $600K?  Mine is 18 months old and I paid $215 for it.  I have a bigger yard too.  Can't beat that.

I suppose it boils down to where you want to settle.  I keep hearing from attorneys that it doesn't matter where you go but where you rank...

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2005, 03:10:43 PM »
Looking at LSN, someone got accepted on 4/18.  If they were only notified by mail though, I don't know when the letter date was.

App status online finally went from "referred" back to "complete" today.  Guess I need to wait for the ding in the mail :(
Fed gov't atty

vkschicago

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2005, 03:34:52 PM »
Got my waitlist letter today.

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2005, 03:56:45 PM »
linquest, you're more than likely waitlisted.

vkschicago, what were your stats?

It seems there are going to be a lot of people on the waitlist. The class is full so anyone who applied late in the cycle (if they have a chance at acceptance) will probably just get waitlisted.

I was hoping there would only be a few people on the waiting list, but that does not seem to be the case.

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2005, 04:57:54 PM »
linquest, you're more than likely waitlisted.

That's what the Admissions guy said 2 weeks ago. 

My chances are small because of my numbers.  Somehow, a waitlist hurts even more than an outright rejection...maybe I should hope for the ding instead....
Fed gov't atty

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2005, 05:06:18 PM »
They're actually going to pull people from the waitlist this year, so it could be a good thing.  I just wouldn't count on it.

vkschicago

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2005, 06:11:15 PM »
Stats are 158/3.91

I would definetly consider OSU if pulled from the waitlist.  It is actually my 5th waitlist :(.  American, IU-B, Miami, Valpo, OSU.  Blah :(