Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OSU Moritz- No more acceptances :(  (Read 12861 times)

namaste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OSU Moritz- No more acceptances :(
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 11:59:18 PM »
Snough, both my numbers fall within their 25-75 percentile (the latest rankings).

I got my acceptance by phone, which is what I thought I was supposed to get if admitted to OSU.  See the thread on this board about method of school notification.  I'm afraid if you didn't get a call, the letter could be a WL or rejection.

alkiremays

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 08:35:58 AM »
Snough, both my numbers fall within their 25-75 percentile (the latest rankings).

I got my acceptance by phone, which is what I thought I was supposed to get if admitted to OSU.  See the thread on this board about method of school notification.  I'm afraid if you didn't get a call, the letter could be a WL or rejection.

I think there were some people who said they didn't get a call.  Can't remember the thread though - sorry.

alkiremays

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 08:36:49 AM »
BTW-the rep I spoke to late last week said that they may pull 20-30 people off the waitlist because of the smaller number of acceptances they sent out this year.

No one will know for sure until the day that classes start....

Who was the rep?  Was it the administrative person or when of the "advisors"?

alkiremays

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 09:02:04 AM »
BTW-the rep I spoke to late last week said that they may pull 20-30 people off the waitlist because of the smaller number of acceptances they sent out this year.

No one will know for sure until the day that classes start....

Who was the rep?  Was it the administrative person or when of the "advisors"?

Okay I just had to address my own reply...I've only had one cup of coffee yet.  I can't believe I used the word "when" for "one".  I'm going to go get more caffeine immediately.

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005, 09:47:08 AM »
I also heard that some people did not get they call.

Even if they are taking people off the waitlist it is going to be nearly impossible to put my life on hold. I doubt they will have taken anyone by the end of May and I want to have housing set up by then.

alkiremays, did you ever go to "decision" ?

alkiremays

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 09:50:52 AM »
I also heard that some people did not get they call.

Even if they are taking people off the waitlist it is going to be nearly impossible to put my life on hold. I doubt they will have taken anyone by the end of May and I want to have housing set up by then.

alkiremays, did you ever go to "decision" ?
I just called the admin office.  Go look at the post I put under the waitlist heading for more info.  You may hear sooner if you get waitlisted. 

No - I'm still complete.  I asked the admin office about it and she said it was because I'm on the waitlist that it hasn't gone to decision yet.  Did you hear anything yet?

namaste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 02:03:38 PM »
If it helps: I believe I went from "referred" to "decision."  Nothing about a "complete."

ilsox7

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »
Yea I just called to withdraw and she went ahead and sent a WL letter to my email.  I won't be staying on.  When I told her I had heard nothing since January, she said, "Well that's not good."  I found that humorous.  Good process tOSU!

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 04:45:54 PM »
I called whatever the number is that's listed on the appstatus page for moritz. It was the admissions office, and they DID tell me that they were full, and that everyone under review was waitlisted or denied. I'm just relaying what they said, and it doesn't surprise me because my brother applied to their undergrad with more than adequate numbers, and was told they were already full and he could attend starting in the spring. It seems like they tried to fill their class as fast as possible and didn't have many spots left for anyone applying in february.

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 04:51:42 PM »
Please go ahead and withdraw :)

I have decided to wait it out and see what happens. If I get accepted off the WL then I'll attend, if not then obviously I won't.

I think that instead of WLing us they were just going to wait until after the seat deposit deadline to decide. This would explain why we hadn't heard anything. It probably has more to do with seeing if they had room as opposed to being unorganized.

All I can say is that I am praying there is room left. (for myself and alkiremays, of course)