Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OSU Moritz- No more acceptances :(  (Read 13304 times)

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
OSU Moritz- No more acceptances :(
« on: April 15, 2005, 06:57:39 PM »
So I guess I'm unoffically rejected after hearing that they're full and everyone will be either waitlisted or rejected. Kind of sucks that they would be full before their app deadline. I know it's better to apply early, but geez, at least save some space for people applying the last month of your admissions period :( My numbers were right in line with the majority of people who were admitted that decided to attend.

alkiremays

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OSU Moritz- No more acceptances :(
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 11:26:12 AM »
What does your online status say?  Did you speak with an admin advisor?

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 02:17:36 PM »
How did you hear that?!?!?!

*Panics*

I spoke with a rep last week that said I was most likely going to be waitlisted.  My online status still reads *referred* though.  I wonder if the "most likely waitlisted" means "definitely dinged" now  :'(
Fed gov't atty

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 04:28:43 PM »
I called the admissions office, and she said that everyone was either going to be rejected or waitlisted, as they were full. Seeing as no one was taken off the waitlist last year, it's basically all rejections.

namaste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 04:58:54 PM »
Um, ooookaaay, well if that's what the admissions office has been telling people...but I got in today (took them an awful long time).

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 05:23:20 PM »
Congrats on the admit!  BTW: I love your screenname Namaste!

namaste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 05:26:06 PM »
Thanks, Hippie.  I figured if anyone on this board knows what it means, it might be you.   ;)

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 05:39:30 PM »
BTW-the rep I spoke to late last week said that they may pull 20-30 people off the waitlist because of the smaller number of acceptances they sent out this year.

No one will know for sure until the day that classes start....
Fed gov't atty

ceilligh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 05:40:01 PM »
I called the admissions office, and she said that everyone was either going to be rejected or waitlisted, as they were full. Seeing as no one was taken off the waitlist last year, it's basically all rejections.

Would the OSU Moritz admissions office really give out such an answer on the telephone before sending off individual notices to applicants advising them of their status? Perhaps I'm naive, but if that's the way the game is played, the rules needs to be revised.
LSAT: 156/160
GPA: 3.26
Admitted: Rutgers-Newark PT

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 05:48:17 PM »
I called today to ask whether there was still a chance of being accepted. They didn't necessarily answer my question, but my application status went to "complete" and later I got a call that the decision would be mailed out tomorrow. I think that when you go "complete" instead of decision that means you've been waitlisted, at least that was the case with alkiremays :/

While I don't believe that I personally have been accepted, I do no think that admissions staff would tell you over the phone that there would be no more acceptance.

namaste, did you get a call today, or just receive a letter in the mail?