Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone in the history of LSD ever turned down their highest ranked school?  (Read 15054 times)

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
im turning down a significantly higher ranked school with money, for one ranked in the 70s without money.  and im waitlisted at some t-14's that im 99% sure i would turn down as well if i ever got in.

underwhelm

If Northwestern had admitted me with no money, I'm not sure I would have chosen it over free Iowa. Fortunately, I didn't have to make that decision.

mrizzle

• Gin. It's what's for dinner.
    • View Profile
I am from So Cal, eventually want to practice there, and turned down Syracuse (95th) for "4th tier" chapman that has dangled some scholarship money.

Chapman does consistently well on the CA bar while syracuse had only 17% pass in July 04.

I hope i made the right choice.
Will be attending: Chapman

yes: syracuse, Chapman (11k), Whittier (11k), Cal Western, Thomas Jefferson (14k)

take a hike: catholic, UNLV, USD

Wait List: depaul, southwestern

bradzwest

I'm headed to my lowest ranked and Tier 4 choice...Valpo.  Its free and I like them!  Who knows where I'll look for work?  If I had a top 20 choice, then Valpo would be out.

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
Yes.  Me.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

fliingdutchmn

• Sr. Citizen
  • You're a dirty bugger aren't you?
    • View Profile
I'd take Wisconsin over Iowa in a blink...if they'd just get off their duffs and let me in!!

maximumtennis82

I might turn down Yale for Stanford...and have talked with quite a few S people who did similarly...not sure if that counts as they are ranked pretty near each other...

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I might turn down Yale for Stanford...and have talked with quite a few S people who did similarly...not sure if that counts as they are ranked pretty near each other...

lol, that definitely doesnt count.

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
Widener over Temple and Villanova... how many spots is that?  Like 100?
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

DumbMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I turned down UNC and Georgetown for USD for various reasons, and money was one of them. Full tuition and then some is sooooooooo seductive.