Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Idiot seeks LSAT help  (Read 2572 times)

M2

Re: Idiot seeks LSAT help
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 08:58:54 PM »
CONTINUE TO STUDY!

You can raise your score by at least ten points ... and one of the fellas here, I think it M2, she has been able to raise the score by 18 points ..,.

Yep indeed...hopefully I can do this well come test time

My first score was 154...and my highest was 172 (my average is somewhere around 168 now..as you can see below)

keep studying...get every possible practice test if you can afford it.

ocelatl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 09:29:44 PM »
STUDY, STUDY, STUDY, STUDY!!!!

A month is a short amount of time to be studying for the LSAT (unless you are spending a lot of time on it).  Seriously consider postponing the test date to Oct. if you feel as though you are not completely ready.  It sucks taking it once!  I imagine it really sucks taking it several times!! 

The games section is definitely the easiest to crack.  Spend your free time setting up diagrams for the games (make sure you use every rule) and answering questions.  You will eventually be able to recognize game patterns and, in turn, be able to answer the questions faster and more accurately!  Good luck!!

BTW you are far from an idiot!!  ;)
"Freedom without opportunity is the Devil's gift." - Noam Chomsky

daveo20

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2004, 01:49:08 AM »
Good point on postponing the test, and I have considered it...but I mean the feminine hygiene product bags at LSAC charge you 30 bucks to change it. Also, in the fall I am taking 15 hours of school with a very difficult load (senior year). I would have to put my preparation on the backburner. I mean the potential is there for me to put all my eggs into one basket, then royally @#!* up and be screwed for applying for fall 05. I could take it now, screw up, then take it again and risk the averaging of my two grades...i dunno. Why can't I be taking the SAT again.

Does anyone have experience moving the test date to October? I've been told June is the best time to take it, but if all these people are right, then I can bring my score up 15 points between now and then if I keep on truckin. I'm two weeks away and not feelin too good. I mean I just can't afford to get a 149, although my buddy got that and got into law school. Who knows. Any insights are greatly appreciated! (is anyone in Atlanta having a massive kegger after the LSAT?)

David

planejane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2004, 06:46:34 PM »
Don't worry.  I feel your pain.  I am in the same situation.  I have a 4.0 undergrad and my practice LSAT's, needless to say, suck big time.  It is a shame that it all comes down to a test.  I am going to take the test June 14th with a big smile on my face.  Like my shipmate always said in bootcamp - "Remember, they can't eat you"!.  :)

There is only so much I can do.  I have a great aviation career, I have worked in an aviation law firm before, and I intend to go to law school.

We are all wound up right now.  An ex-Marine always told me - "KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid".

In other words, look at it for what it is worth.  It is an admissions test.  We know we are worthy people with great expectations.  Maybe looking at it from a simpler point of view again will help us keep focused on the bigger picture.

Best of Luck!

M2

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2004, 07:25:01 PM »
Great post planejane.

So much of success is attitude. Go in there on test day knowing that you will kick the test's @$$!!

planejane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2004, 10:22:44 PM »
Thanks M2~

Only the man upstairs knows who's @$$ will get kicked (mine or the test's)!!!

;D ;D

riceowl

• 3.93; June 14;
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2004, 11:02:44 PM »
Dave--

Take the test in October!  If your score is still hovering around 147, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to raise your score significantly by June 14.  I have been studying for a few MONTHS, and have just recently noticed significant improvement. 

On the bright side, months of practice can do wonders for a low score.  I scored a 155 on my first practice test, and a 154 on the second.  After a few months of exam taking, however, my score is consistently in the mid-to-high 160s.  With a couple more weeks of study, I hope to hit 170. 

Don't worry too much.  If you reschedule for October, you will have PLENTY of time to get that score up.

Good luck!
155-154-168-159-167-165-164-161(ouch)

Bob Loblaw, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2004, 05:50:15 PM »
mike - im taking a 5 week kaplan course, and scored a 142 on the dianogstic.  After five weeks, I am now at a 153.  If you wait until october, you might concider a class.
3L