Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Final Decisions  (Read 401 times)

Undecided1L_05

• View Profile
Final Decisions
« on: April 15, 2005, 04:17:12 PM »
I think that I made my decision (though it may change in the next week), but I think that I am going to choose Mich over Cornell (though small class sizes at Cornell... making me think twice).

Wrong decision? Thoughts?

dreamer1

• Sr. Citizen
  • CLS '08
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Final Decisions
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 04:55:08 PM »
I think that I made my decision (though it may change in the next week), but I think that I am going to choose Mich over Cornell (though small class sizes at Cornell... making me think twice).

Wrong decision? Thoughts?

I say it depends on the money. UMich was not as generous as Cornell, in my personal experience...
Attending: Columbia Law School

Undecided1L_05

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 05:05:40 PM »
You are right... Cornell was more generous than Mich.. but to be quite honest... it was like a $1,200 difference... and Cornell costs about $2,000+ more in tuition and/or fees in comparision to Mich. (Actually more considering Cornell's dorm does not include "Board or meal plan) but Mich does) ...

miguel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 05:10:35 PM »
Can't go wrong, I would say. Michigan is great school - congratulations on your decision!

jdw112

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 05:12:47 PM »
Since you are choosing between equally regarded schools, and pretty much even money, you can base your decision on almost anything. Are you particularly interested in studying with a member of either faculty? Is there a clinic that one has and the other does not? Which has more hot chicks? Do you have more friends at one? You get the picture.