Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dell deal I landed. PM for info on getting the same.  (Read 1956 times)

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Dell deal I landed. PM for info on getting the same.
« on: April 15, 2005, 09:45:51 AM »
Order Details 
Inspiron 700m, Intel Pentium MProcessor 725 (1.6GHz), 12.1 in WXGA 
512MB,DDR,333MHz,2 Dimm, Inspiron 700m 
40GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive for Inspiron 700m 
Image Restore 
Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, English, for Inspiron 
Dell Owners Manual installed on your system,click on icon after system set-up to access 
DELL SUPPORT 3.0,INSP 
Integrated NIC for Inspiron 
Internal 56k Modem 
Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0, for Inspiron 
8x CD/DVD Burner (DVD+RW,+/-R)for Inspiron 700m 
CyberLink PowerDVD v5.3.1012, Decoding Sofware for DVD Drives, for Inspiron Systems 
Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 (802.11b/g) Internal Wireless 
Network Associates McAfee 6.0,English, 15-Month Subscription 
Music Match 9.0 Basic 7 day OnDemand 
65 WHr 8-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery 
AOL DHS 
Dell/My Way Home Page 
Broadband Icon for Inspiron 
Paint Shop Photo Album 5.1 Standard 
WordPerfect Productivity Pack 12, English, for Inspiron 
3 Year Limited Warranty 
Soft Contracts - Qualxserve 
Type 15- Third Party At Home Service with Nights and Week ends, 24x7 Technical Support, Initial Year 
Type 15- Third Party At Home Service with Nights and Week ends, 24x7 Technical Support, 2 Year Extended 
Technical Support, Initial Year 
Technical Support, 2 Year Extended 
Quickbooks 2005 Special SimpleStart Edition 
128MB USB Memory Key, 2.0, forInspiron 
Dell Media Experience 3.0 Basic 

Sub-Total  $1,158.00 
Shipping  $0.00 
Tax  $57.89 
Total Price  $1,215.89 

All discounts applied to this order are reflected in the subtotal, shipping, and total amounts. 

Attending GW in Fall '06

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Dell deal I landed. PM for info on getting the same.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 10:00:57 AM »
I only posted b/c they screwed me for that damn 750 dollar off special the other day.  Then I ended up getting mine for 13 bucks less so I am happy.  If you want to know how to land it just PM me.
Attending GW in Fall '06

LaneSwerver

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 10:15:26 AM »
I only posted b/c they screwed me for that damn 750 dollar off special the other day.  Then I ended up getting mine for 13 bucks less so I am happy.  If you want to know how to land it just PM me.

Why don't you post it for everyone? Is it a secret?

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 10:17:00 AM »
No secret.  I just didn't want to risk dell finding the source and stopping it.  Its definately not a secret.
Attending GW in Fall '06

LaneSwerver

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 10:17:49 AM »
No secret.  I just didn't want to risk dell finding the source and stopping it.  Its definately not a secret.

Gotcha.

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 01:42:38 PM »
Okay, enough PMs haha.  What you do is this.... First, go to slickdeals.net and get the coupon code for 750 off a system configured at 2000 or more.  Basically, that is the retail value that needs to be met not including the 20 percent discount dell has going right now.  Configure your system, enter the code, and you get the 750 off.

To get another 100 off Email dell customer service and complain about the website crashing when you tried to get the 750 dollar off deal earlier this week (they know it crashed).  You will get an automated response.  Reply and continue complaining.  Keep doing it as many times as you see fit and you will get a response offering you a 100 dollar coupon code that can be used in conjunction with the other offer.  Boom, you are good to go.........

It works so well that I just got an Email with ANOTHER 100 dollar off coupon code that I am going to use for some accessories.  Plus, I got a call in at work from a guy trying to see if he can work something out to give me more of a discount.  Its all about tenacity........
Attending GW in Fall '06

Dazed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 03:09:04 PM »
Good job. Another thought, not sure if it works, but you might look into it. You can go onto Ebay and buy one of those big buck coupons off someone. I think they go really cheap (as in 99 cents) and you can use them for a further discount. I think they will work through dell home - not sure if they can be used with these other coupons or not, but maybe worth checking.

Erapitt - the coupons that they are sending to you, are they just a flat $100 off or $100 off 1000, etc?

drewnyc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 03:20:52 PM »
Do yourself a favor, and don't get a Dell. If you want a SOLID laptop that will last you through three years of law school, then get an IBM ThinkPad.

check out the following link for a great deal on T42's

http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PromotionDisplay?promoName=all_nb&catalogId=-840&storeId=821223&langId=-1

They're worth the extra cash - Dell's are cheap, break easily, and the tech support is long distance...  very long distance...

-drew

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 03:58:03 PM »
Do yourself a favor, and don't get a Dell. If you want a SOLID laptop that will last you through three years of law school, then get an IBM ThinkPad.

check out the following link for a great deal on T42's

http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PromotionDisplay?promoName=all_nb&catalogId=-840&storeId=821223&langId=-1

They're worth the extra cash - Dell's are cheap, break easily, and the tech support is long distance...  very long distance...

-drew

I generally loved the Thinkpads when we had them at work, but they are very pricey for personal use (which is why they don't really sell to the personal market).  As well, with the new outsourcing deal, it will be interesting to see if the quality remains.  If you get a Dell/HP with a solid support policy I think most people will be quite happy with them.

hunterhogan

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.19/173
    • View Profile
    • www.hunterthinks.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 05:07:42 PM »
If someone were to use this system to bilk Dell out of money, would that someone be lying when they told the bar that they have not stolen money from anyone?

This scam is unethical, and I hope that most of us would not do it.