Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston University-- what a Horrible Admissions Office....  (Read 916 times)

heyitcouldbeworse

• View Profile
    • Email
Boston University-- what a Horrible Admissions Office....
« on: April 15, 2005, 09:36:01 AM »
  I am just beyond words.  It's April 15 and I still haven't heard a peep.  I applied on Dec 31st.  They took a month and a half to request my LSAC Report.  This, as they told me, was "normal," I hadn't been overlooked or anything.  Yet the morning I called to ask about it, they requested my LSAC that afternoon.
   Called 2 wks ago to check, it was "still w. the committee."  Just called this morning.  "can you spell your name again...Are you sure you applied to BU school of law and not BC??"

WTF!!!!?  So I said: "So does that mean I'm not in the system even?"

"No, no, you're...our computers are working very slowly this morning, can you call back this afternoon??"

What is going on with this?  Does anyone have an e-mail of a REAL person there I can write to? (my numerous e-mails to the main address have been ignored) Can I complain to LSAC?  Can I request my app fee back? 
    These people are an absolute disgrace.  If the admissions process is any reflection of how they run the school, it's a blessing they fu-ked up my app.  I am so angry with these people. 
3.66, 164, non-URM
IN @ Tulane, Vandy, Oregon
WL@ wash and lee, bill and meg,Emory, WUSTL, BC
Going to TULANE (90% sure)

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Boston University-- what a Horrible Admissions Office....
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 10:16:16 AM »
If you looked a little harder you would have found a contact person's info.  I have sent the email address to you via PM. 

Good luck with BU. 

littletanuki

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Boston University-- what a Horrible Admissions Office....
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 02:41:35 PM »
When I went there for undergrad, we called it BUreaucracy.  :)  If you do end up goign there, get used to it. 

On a semi-related side note: I have a friend who applied to grad school recently, and BU sent the school a transcript that didn't indicate that she had graduated.  (She did.)  It held up here app. and she got waitlisted.