Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wait List @ Pitt...SWEET!!!!  (Read 837 times)

Ragnar Danneskjold

• Sr. Citizen
  • Atlas Shrugged...
    • View Profile
Wait List @ Pitt...SWEET!!!!
« on: April 14, 2005, 04:20:26 PM »
I applied to Pitt thinking that i had no chance in hell of getting in. And that may still be true, a wait list is not an acceptance. But it's good to know that i will not be kicked to the curb out-right. Schools don't put people (who have lower numbers) on the waitlist for nothing, right? This put me in a good mood for today. If Pitt wait listed me, then maybe Villanova will accept me...hmmm....i wonder. Well, i still have seven more schools to hear from, so wish me luck and the same to all you out there.

By the way, i got my wait list by email today, and i applied in middle-late feb in case anyone was wondering.
I'm an NYC boy, 153/3.3

ATTENDING: Santa Clara w/$$$
Accepted: Marquette($), Villanova, Howard, Univ. San Francisco($) 
Out: Boston College, Temple, Michigan State Univ.
Wait List: Seattle Univ., Univ. Pittsburgh, Rutgers-Newark, Syracuse

SleepyGuyYawn

Re: Wait List @ Pitt...SWEET!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 04:30:10 PM »
Very true.  I know somebody who was accepted off Pitt's waitlist a couple years ago and this person is doing really well at the law school.  I think you might have a decent chance if you express your interest in the school.  Susan Estrich's book, "How to get into law school" has a good section on this.

violet5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 07:56:30 PM »
Congrats!!! I'm right there with you. I feel so impatient though. Let's keep our fingers crossed.   ;)
2.93/159

ATTENDING: PITT!
Accepted: Toledo, Cleveland Marshall (4K/yr.-withdrawn), Seton Hall, Rutgers-Newark, Buffalo, Pitt, U Pacific
Rejected: Ohio State, Cincinnati, Temple, St.Johns
Waitlisted: Chicago-Kent, DePaul, Loyola Chicago, IU-Indy, Catholic, Case (all withdrawn)

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 07:58:53 PM »
Ragnar, are you Norwegian?  I had a friend from Norway named Ragnar.  That should count for something for law school admissions...

Ragnar Danneskjold

• Sr. Citizen
  • Atlas Shrugged...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 10:53:27 PM »
Thanks SleepyGuy, i'll check out that book...and Ragnar Danneskjold is the name of a great character in one of Ayn Rands books (Atlas Shrugged). I'm not norwegian, though i have been to that area (Denmark). They lost my whole wardrobe, so it's kind of a sore point for me. :'(

Thanks Violet, i'll cross my b*lls if it will get me in...lol :D

I'm an NYC boy, 153/3.3

ATTENDING: Santa Clara w/$$$
Accepted: Marquette($), Villanova, Howard, Univ. San Francisco($) 
Out: Boston College, Temple, Michigan State Univ.
Wait List: Seattle Univ., Univ. Pittsburgh, Rutgers-Newark, Syracuse

hammer101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 10:43:37 AM »
I applied to Pitt thinking that i had no chance in hell of getting in. And that may still be true, a wait list is not an acceptance. But it's good to know that i will not be kicked to the curb out-right. Schools don't put people (who have lower numbers) on the waitlist for nothing, right? This put me in a good mood for today. If Pitt wait listed me, then maybe Villanova will accept me...hmmm....i wonder. Well, i still have seven more schools to hear from, so wish me luck and the same to all you out there.

By the way, i got my wait list by email today, and i applied in middle-late feb in case anyone was wondering.

Well I just told them I won't be attending, so hopefully that will free up a spot for you. It's a great school but they didn't offer me any money and I'm out of state, so it's a little too steep for me. I'm waitlisted at a couple places too so I know how you feel ... just keep following up with them and send them regular updates during the summer. Good luck!
We want a society where people are free to make choices, to make mistakes, to be generous and compassionate. This is what we mean by a moral society; not a society where the state is responsible for everything, and no one is responsible for the state.
--Margaret Thatcher

VivaLaMuerte

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 12:54:55 PM »
Let us emphasize that someone, in this very thread, offered to cross their balls.