Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New "Late" Accepted Thread...  (Read 1407 times)

leoladybug

Re: New "Late" Accepted Thread...
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 10:16:28 AM »
got waitlisted pt at stetson...the letter was dated 4/6

still waiting anxiously for syracuse and CUNY

and whittier...i forgot i even applied there.  i haven't heard anything from them.  i applied in feb.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 10:31:42 AM »
Since April 11th, I got rejected from Suffolk, and waitlisted at Roger Williams. Both surprises, but after looking at LSN, it seems that neither school accepted anyone with my dismal lsat score. Still waiting on 5.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

leoladybug

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 11:50:55 AM »
Shadow,
I was going to apply to Roger Williams.  I probably would have been waitlisted too.

I really hope you get some good news soon.  I am still amazed at how someone with a only a point or two higher on the LSAT can get accepted to places we are getting rejected/conditionally accepted from when we have way higher GPAS, great extras, prof experience and grad degrees.  I know that having an admissions index helps adcomms with dealing with tons of apps but even when our index is higher than some people, we still get rejected/waitlisted cuz of the LSAT.  I never expected to be in this situation...my only actual acceptance is Florida Coastal.

Keep me posted!!

cmparry

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 02:28:39 PM »
so, I just called Wake again today and now they are telling me that I will receive a letter in the next two to three weeks...all hope seems lost at this point!

supernga

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 02:43:10 PM »
So I am in Limbo with you guys, too.  Got wait listed at UH, and still no word from SMU, Baylor, or Washington & Lee.  It's killing me.  W&L said that it could take until the end of the month before I find out.  Baylor gave me a password to sign-in and check the status of my file.  They said it takes about 8 weeks after the file is complete to reach a decision, which is about another week.  Everyday I check, and everyday, "Has a decision been reached on your file: NO".  It's almost worse that I even have this damn check-in, because I find myself checking it twice a day.Like they really update their info that often...I'm like a drug addict waiting for my dealer. 

Then SMU called on Tuesday saying they came across my file and was wondering if I'd be interested in being considered for their evening program.  I didn't want to say, "No", so I said, "Yes, as long as you still consider me for the day program".  How much you wanna bet they're gonna put me on the night program.  I ain't stretching law school out for another year if I have to...it's just hard because SMU is my top choice, and it seems the top choices are always the last to respond.

ramason

• AOL Instant Messenger - Roxanna1314
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 04:35:59 PM »
Still waiting almost everywhere and haven't heard anything in over a week from anywhere.  Basically I only care about Vandy and UIUC at this point when I'm realistic about my chances, but I just wish places would get back to me so I could start making housing arrangements  :P
LSAT:  169
UGPA:  3.29
Accepted:  WUSTL$, SLU$$$
WL:  Northwestern, UIUC
Rejected:  GW
Pending: Penn, Emory, Vandy

NJHandyGirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you listening or are you waiting to talk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2005, 11:09:30 AM »
I don't even want to think about it!  ;)
Not to mention my online status at Georgia State says "decision made".
Apparently I didn't get enough torture in basic training!
Attending: Georgia State
I'm not a lawyer, I just watch one on TV.