Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: When to quit work?  (Read 1976 times)

future1l

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: When to quit work?
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2005, 03:31:59 PM »
I put in my notice today. My position is pretty crucial to the office, so I wanted to give them time to find someone else. My last day will be June 8. I'm getting married June 10. Honeymoon June 13-18 and moving to Sacramento June 22-25...Wife will start her job June 28.

All of my managers/supervisors have been very happy for me, etc. and that I can always come back (yeah right) or use them for a reference.

So, it was a good day.
McGeorge Class of 2008

htrus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2005, 03:45:08 PM »
I am leaving July 15th, and have informally let everyone know. They have been in on the process since December, so it is not a surprise. I do not want to burn any bridges in case I encounter these folks down the road.
LSAT 161/GPA 3.05

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=htrus

Attending: Houston
In: St. Mary's (w$$), South Texas, Texas Tech, Houston
Out: Texas, GMU, Boalt Hall, Oklahoma, Baylor
Waitlist: SMU

violet5

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2005, 05:36:41 PM »
My last day will be towards the end of July. I'll be moving (somewhere) on July 31--that's the plan. I'll give myself a week off to get everything in order before I move. I can't really quit before then--I need the $$.
2.93/159

ATTENDING: PITT!
Accepted: Toledo, Cleveland Marshall (4K/yr.-withdrawn), Seton Hall, Rutgers-Newark, Buffalo, Pitt, U Pacific
Rejected: Ohio State, Cincinnati, Temple, St.Johns
Waitlisted: Chicago-Kent, DePaul, Loyola Chicago, IU-Indy, Catholic, Case (all withdrawn)

ErinKG

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2005, 07:52:29 PM »
I've been working in this position for 7 years - I need a break before I start school. I'm giving up quite a bit of money for that month off (over 4k), but it's worth it to me. I hate where I am right now and want a chance to relax and not have to worry about ANYTHING. I can't wait!

Erin