Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm a DUMBA&%!!!!!!!  (Read 1409 times)

Mookie

• View Profile
I'm a DUMBA&%!!!!!!!
« on: April 13, 2005, 11:16:16 PM »
Just thought I'd share this story to add some levity to your day...

My wife and I had been awaiting scholarship info from one law school in particular.  We were pretty much set on moving there - she had a great job offer pending, and we were basically banking on me getting a good scholarship package, so we could make the decision and get moved. 

So, I get the news Monday...the scholarship was a little lower than expected, but still acceptable - UNTIL I found out that it was partially need-based and would be adjusted down due to our income...I end up going from 75% tuition to about 50%...I was pissed.

Soooooo, in a fit of rage, I go slightly berzerk and I PUNCHED OUR WALL.  I didn't mean to punch it that hard...After all, the wall didn't break - BUT, MY HAND DID.  That's right, I broke my right hand!!!! I'm typing one-handed as we speak.  So, not only did I get stiffed by the law school, now I've got a grand in medical bills to pay.

I am a dumbass.

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a DUMBA&%!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 11:24:11 PM »
 :D :D :D :D

sorry. but that was kinda funny.  are you gonna take the scholarship?

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 11:51:09 PM »
Ouch
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 01:33:26 AM »
well, look on the bright side- you are living in a quality constructed home. in half the places i have lived in in college, if i had punched the wall my fist would have fallen right through and i would have ended up on my A$$ on the ground outside    ;)

happycat

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 12:03:56 PM »
you probably hit a stud - otherwise you would have broken the wall instead of your hand.  Geez!  I bet that hurt!

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 12:08:55 PM »
that sucks, but people on this board take scholarships for granted. I am graduating with my masters degree this june and am heading into law school with 96,000 dollcars in debt.  I was offered 1500 dollars of need based financial aid at the one school I am considering.  gee thanks that really helps. I totally would take 50% tuition and be psyched and happy..not hit a wall.  Not trying to be mean but look on the bright side of things.  You could have gotten nothing.
I love my philly phanatic :)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 01:39:53 PM »
It's true that seeing so many get $$$$ makes you assume you deserve some too.  I never even considered that any school in T1 would offer me money, but one did.  Now I am like "How come a T1 school offered me money, and a T2 didn't?  WTF?"

It's hilarius seeing that I never expected a penny before.

soupnazi

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 01:41:07 PM »
I thought the funniest part was that you said "typing one handed" and "stiffed" in close proximity.

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nolegirl290@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 02:55:54 PM »
Why do guys always do this?

I must have had 5 or 6 male friends over the years that have punched walls or doors and broken their hands. And then several other who, when I go over to their house and ask about that hole in the wall, tell me it is the result of their punching. ::)

None of these guys are violent people. And I guess it is preferrable to punching a person. But I just do not get it. Most of my friends are men but I still will never understand them.
Tony:"So your not gonna go to law school? What do you wanna do then?"
Mike:"I wanna dance!"

DodgerLaw

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 03:01:35 PM »
Why do guys always do this?

I must have had 5 or 6 male friends over the years that have punched walls or doors and broken their hands. And then several other who, when I go over to their house and ask about that hole in the wall, tell me it is the result of their punching. ::)

None of these guys are violent people. And I guess it is preferrable to punching a person. But I just do not get it. Most of my friends are men but I still will never understand them.

Don't worry. We have absolutely no chance of ever understanding you ladies either.