Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Brooklyn part-time and waitlist  (Read 1005 times)

nycdqgirl

• AOL Instant Messenger - nycdqgirl
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brooklyn part-time and waitlist
« on: May 27, 2004, 04:56:26 PM »
I know this topic has been discussed before, but it's been a while since I've seen anything.
I applied for brooklyn full time, was waitlisted, and then accepted into the part time evening program.  (As a side note, I finally got up to nyc to visit the campus and absolutely loved it, so part time, or full time, i'm definitely going.)  I remember talking with some people who were admitted off the waitlist into the evening program a couple weeks ago, and the admissions people told some of them that no one on the waitlist has been placed into the full time division.  Is this still hold true?  Have any of you waitlisted at BLS been admitted to full time?  Also, have any of you talked to the admissions office about accepting a part-time offer, and then being accepted into full time?  I know in my acceptance email they said it wouldn't affect my chances, but will my I've never really gotten a straightforward answer from admissions about being passed over for full time for someone who declined part-time, or being admitted to full time over people who have declined part time.   ??? Wow....that sure sounds confusing.  Sorry!

flaukamite

• View Profile
Re: Brooklyn part-time and waitlist
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 07:53:28 PM »
I'm in exactly the same boat, I even think that I was one of the people who you talked to before.  I made it up to campus for the admitted students day and loved it as well.  I will be attending PT or FT whichever they offer.  While I was there I was told that they still hadn't moved anyone into FT and that if it did occur it would most likely be late July (which sucks because I am going to make very different arrangements if I will in fact be attending PT).  As far as actually getting switched...your guess is as good as mine.  Good luck and I'll see you in the fall.  If you do hear anything, please post.

brooke7733

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 03:30:17 PM »
Anyone hear anything new from the Brooklyn waitlist??  I haven't heard a word!  Thanks.

ILLEGAL FOB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 12:05:42 AM »
Brooklyn LS recently "elevated" my app status to "Summer Waiting List".  This was less than two weeks ago.  Lol, really late, it might mean that it is moving.  I've gotten off two other waitlists already a long time ago.  Deposits deadlines are really making it tough to wait for BLS.
Jude 1:22-23

Kwang

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 09:29:45 AM »
Anyone hear anything new from the Brooklyn waitlist??  I haven't heard a word!  Thanks.

I received an email from Brooklyn asking if I was interested in their part-time evening program. I said I was and was accepted the next day via email. Anyone else going part-time evening?