Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OSU Moritz a black hole?  (Read 584 times)

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
OSU Moritz a black hole?
« on: April 13, 2005, 07:51:40 PM »
I've sent 2 e-mails and left 2 messages on voicemail there and never hear back from these people. It's like a communications black hole, things go in, and never come out. Anyone else having trouble getting ahold of anyone there? I'm just trying to see what's going on with my app, as they've had it for over a month with no word and seat deposits are due everywhere.

ilsox7

Re: OSU Moritz a black hole?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 08:42:35 PM »
I've sent 2 e-mails and left 2 messages on voicemail there and never hear back from these people. It's like a communications black hole, things go in, and never come out. Anyone else having trouble getting ahold of anyone there? I'm just trying to see what's going on with my app, as they've had it for over a month with no word and seat deposits are due everywhere.

Good luck.  I've been complete since January and I have competitive numbers and I've gotten into similar or more competitive schools.  Good thing they were #13 or #14 on my list of 14. 

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 08:45:04 PM »
I applied to OSU in mid-january and have been complete since early february. I called about a week ago to ask the status of my application and they got right back to me. The woman on the phone told me that my application was physically with the committee, but it has been over a week since then and I have yet to go to "decision."

In an earlier conversation they told me that they were trying to have all decisions complete by the beginning of April, so it should be any time now.

I like to tell myself that it's a good thing that they've held on to my application, but the later it gets the more rejection seems inevitable. On LSN there are only two people who applied before me who haven't reached decision, both of which seem borderline applicants.

OSU is my first choice so I am holding my breath until I hear from them.

illinist

• AOL Instant Messenger - illinist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 10:55:51 PM »
My experience has been exactly the opposite.  I applied in mid-October, and heard back in mid-December.  I've been calling the different offices with all sorts of random inquiries, and I've found them to be quite responsive and helpful.
LSAT: 161     GPA: 3.36
Attending: OSU - Moritz

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=theillinist

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 11:11:21 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure what's taking them so long either. My numbers were competitive and they've had it "in committee" for a month now. I'm not sure what they're waiting for, but it should only take about 10 minutes to go through the average application. How you can stretch that out to 30+ days, even with multiple people reading it, is beyond me.

nextcareer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 10:32:35 PM »
Same boat here.  I really have no idea what to expect from Moritz.  I've been in touch with a couple of Admissions folks who tell me that apps are being "actively" reviewed.  FWIW, I had an attorney tell me that it is not uncommon for OSU to be notifying applicants in May.  You have a strong #2 for a seat deposit?

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 10:39:36 PM »
I have a #2, I just hate wasting the $150 to reserve a seat I might not want.

nextcareer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »
$150 isn't too bad for a seat deposit.  At least you have options!  Have you visited the schools you applied to?