Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Case scholarships  (Read 1954 times)

illinist

• AOL Instant Messenger - illinist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Case scholarships
« on: April 13, 2005, 05:09:01 PM »
So, I got offered $11K/year at Case.  I took no action on it, and the scholarship acceptance deadline was 4/1, so I assumed it was all over.

But this afternoon I got an e-mail from the Dean, saying that I had been selected for a scholarship increase.  What the e-mail did NOT say was how much of an increase they want to give me.  I called, but she was not in the office.

Ahhhhhhh.  This is aggravating!  I've already sent my deposit into Ohio State, but if Case offers me a significant amount, I might just have to take them up on it, because I might not be able to justify not taking a huge scholarship.

Does anyone have any experience with this?  Did anyone get a similar e-mail from Case, with a dollar amount included?  Someone - help!
LSAT: 161     GPA: 3.36
Attending: OSU - Moritz

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=theillinist

MADZINGER

• View Profile
Re: Case scholarships
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 05:44:43 PM »
same here, just got the email, no dollar amount. Now I need to decide between Loyola Los Angeles and Case for IP law. I know Case is very strong in IP but I ultimately wanna work in Southern California...but now with this scholarship..real dilemma...

qtip2012

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT: 162 UGPA: 3.06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 06:41:14 PM »
Yeah, same thing happened to me today... have you guys called yet?
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=MrGrieves

Heaven: Northeastern (w/ $8500), Brooklyn, Roger Williams (w/ $20000), St. John's (w/ 12500), Hofstra (w/ $16000), Case Western (w/ $9000), American
Hell: BU
Purgatory: UConn, Cardozo

Applied: Temple

daven8844x

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 09:39:16 PM »
Damn, this is what I've been trying to get.  I guess I shouldn't have sent my tuition deposit.
3.24/161

Attending: Case
Accepted: Case(12K),UH(withdraw),SLU(10K, withdraw),Mizzou(withdraw),Franklin Pierce(15K, withdraw).
Waitlisted: W&M(withdraw),Wake(withdraw),Wisconsin(withdraw), Pitt(declined),Temple(withdraw).
Denied: Too many

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 09:40:11 PM »
Same thing happened to me, and I've also been accepted to OSU with a $10K scholarship. Even with the increase I was given, Case is still a hard sell because of the high cost of tuition.

Stegs

• Motivation
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stegs007
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 10:30:09 PM »
Same email, no numbers, called left a message...will call back tomorrow.  Torn between Case and Miami, if this increase is significant, it's a no brainer.

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 10:36:46 PM »
What kind of shell game is Case playing here?  Decisions have to be made, and soon at this time of year, and they are pulling this increased money game, but not telling how much?

This is the first SPAM scholarship award I think I've ever seen!  :D

jdw112

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 10:39:22 PM »
Maybe their yield isn't looking so hot.

fliingdutchmn

• Sr. Citizen
  • You're a dirty bugger aren't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 10:45:29 PM »
Probably plenty of people like me to whom they offered money withdrew.  Perhaps too many.  Unsurprising considering their awful service.  Chary, friends.

illinist

• AOL Instant Messenger - illinist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 10:50:04 PM »
Dean Andelman called me back and we had a nice chat.  I was offered a $2,000 increase, making a total of $13K/year.  It's definitely a flattering offer, but not enough to make Case financially preferable to OSU.

Moritz, here I come!
LSAT: 161     GPA: 3.36
Attending: OSU - Moritz

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=theillinist