Law School Discussion

GWU waitlist

Re: GWU waitlist
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2005, 08:59:12 AM »
same. Accepted 5/27 off waitlist. as i said on xoxo - they told me the "party line" that they wouldn't decide until 6/15, but that's obviously bs, because it's only 5/27 and i got in (and i couldnt' be happier). Further, and perhaps better for you all, when i visited in person i asked them ab the overadmitted rumor, and he said, the whole overadmit thing happens every year, and didn't make me worried about it. Secondly, the FIRST real long waitlist was 1200 people, and has been slashed to <300 people. He told me to stay interested. Hope this helps, and hope to see everyone at GWU next year. I'm soooooooo excited.

I'm really excited as well.  I would back the interest part up because I made it very clear that I was very interested in GW.  If all the loans and everything work out - which I'm sure they will - then I will be seeing you at GW.

Congrats on your acceptances! If you don't mind me asking, what do you think set you apart at those schools? Do you have outstanding soft factors?

Well, for me, coming straight out of undergrad I don't have any great soft factors...I went to a grade deflating undergrad, I am the 1st to graduate from college (4-yr) in my family, and won a lot of awards in my primary extracurricular activity...but I think my showing lots of interest is what helped me...

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2005, 11:43:14 AM »
All you people who were just accepted off the wait list -- how long did they give you to respond with your decision?

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2005, 11:52:39 AM »
All you people who were just accepted off the wait list -- how long did they give you to respond with your decision?

I have until June 20th

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2005, 12:24:52 PM »
Yeah, June 20 for me too.

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2005, 12:45:09 PM »
Jane lane, did you hear from the addmissions office about the slash from 1200 to 300? If we haven't heard anything, does that mean we are part of the 300?

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2005, 01:12:34 PM »
Have they said if they expect to take anymore ppl off the waitlist after the June 15 deadline?  I really really hope so!!!

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2005, 02:22:46 PM »
I was at GW today. There were several HUGE bundles of thin envelopes being picked up by a mailman in the admissions office. Could be a "hurry up and wait some more" update letter, or something else. Just thought I would pass it along to those still waiting as an fyi.

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2005, 10:48:38 AM »
Any word on what those letters were?  I haven't received anything and I'm still on the waiting list.  Thanks! :)

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2005, 12:48:45 PM »
Has anyone talked to anyone in the Admissions office at GW?  What's the word on the waitlist?  Thanks!

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2005, 04:35:30 PM »
I just received a letter saying that they've processed my second deposit (it was due the 15th) so I would think that they are now going to have a better idea as to how many more people they need (since those who didn't send in a deposit aren't attending).  Good luck to you all!!