Law School Discussion

GWU waitlist

omegajjj

Re: GWU waitlist
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 05:36:46 PM »
Hey Canada,

Thanks for the additional info; I didn't press the lady on the phone as to what "decision" meant.  She said that people who have expressed an interest in the school (ie sending a letter in) would have a better chance of staying on the waitlist or receiving a positive decision on their file.

The people on LSN who were accepted off of the waitlist were on the prioity waitlist, so if they're going to that list, then maybe they'll get to the regular list also.

FuckCanada

• Please don't bash my baby skull in, Mr. Canadian!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 07:07:42 PM »
Do we have any idea how large the Priority WL is?

omegajjj

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 08:19:54 PM »
I'm not sure. We could get a rough idea by going through the people on LSN who were waitlisted and see if they mentioned the priority list, but there are 117 WL people, so that might take awhile.

I think there's three or four people on LSN who have now gotten in off of the Priority WL. If they have overenrolled, then they probably wouldn't be taking people off this list, so that might be a good sign (especially if these people don't accept the offer).

omegajjj

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2005, 11:04:21 PM »
A few more people have gotten accepted off the waitlist according to LSN, and three people have been rejected. Hopefully we'll hear in the next few days.

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2005, 08:29:02 PM »
A few more people have gotten accepted off the waitlist according to LSN, and three people have been rejected. Hopefully we'll hear in the next few days.

The first deposit (April 15th) was only $200.  That isn't very much in the big picture of law school.  $800 is due on June 15th.  That is when there will be movement off the GW waitlist. 

nikkit1998

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 09:14:17 AM »
Anyone here anything else about the GWU waitlist?

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2005, 09:53:15 AM »
I've heard a whole lot of nothin'. I suspect that if you survived the first round of cuts (late April), then they're holding your file until the second seat deposit on June 15th. Here's hoping!

nikkit1998

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 09:56:26 AM »
Well, that's encouraging.  Any idea on whether they'll take anyone this year or not?

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 10:00:37 AM »
look at LSN they have already taken people

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 10:02:30 AM »
Who knows! When I called them roughly a month ago, the woman I spoke with said they were still overenrolled at that point but that it was difficult to predict how many people who had submitted the first seat deposits would submit the second. That's completely unhelpful, I know, but I think that's the truth; it's just hard to tell one way or the other.  

Is GW still your first choice? Have you contacted them with additional info?