Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To all Miami Waitlist People  (Read 770 times)

Nellabella

• View Profile
To all Miami Waitlist People
« on: April 13, 2005, 09:56:34 AM »
Are you sending anything besides a letter of continued interest?  I was deferred in January, already sent them a love letter, and am now waitlisted.  What should I do now?

Tony Brooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • none
    • View Profile
    • info
Re: To all Miami Waitlist People
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 06:39:47 PM »
i wouldn't bother.  I called the office yesterday and they told me that there are almost no spots left right now...and the deadline hasn't passed for all of their deposits...

pretty grim...

looks like i'm heading to barry!  Florida still though!
"Que ve esta noviembre?"

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 09:29:33 AM »
i wouldn't bother. I called the office yesterday and they told me that there are almost no spots left right now...and the deadline hasn't passed for all of their deposits...

pretty grim...

That's really bad news for those of us that were counting on getting off of the waitlist. I guess I have no other choice than to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best (hopefully we'll hear back next week.)
Attending: FSU
In: FIU, FSU, Syracuse 
Waitlisted: UM, Penn State
Rejected: Pitt, Stetson

Nellabella

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 11:25:17 AM »
Maybe we shouldn't give up all hope.  Apparently people are putting in 2 and 3 deposits so we might hear something in the summer

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 11:45:34 AM »
Yeah, hopefully you are right. Still, it does seem that Miami has had alot of applicants this year. I hope something opens up. Supposedly the seat deposit deadline is this friday, so I would imagine that some of us waitlistees could be hearing back as early as next week.

TheFloridaGuy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 10:54:39 AM »
Visited Miami yesterday, was told by the office that the class is almost completely full.  So I can verify that info. 

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 11:25:39 PM »
Yeah, hopefully you are right. Still, it does seem that Miami has had alot of applicants this year. I hope something opens up. Supposedly the seat deposit deadline is this friday, so I would imagine that some of us waitlistees could be hearing back as early as next week.

If you don't get off the waitlist at University of Miami, where would you go....Syracuse, FSU, or FIU?  Have you put a deposit on any of those yet? 

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 11:34:56 AM »
If I'm not going to go to UM I'll likely end up at FSU. I sent a deposit to FIU a while back when it was the only school i was accepted at just to be sure that I go somewhere (oh well, $200 down the drain.) I let my deposit deadline lapse for Syracuse and Florida State's isn't due until May 1st. I'm gonna hold out another week for UM, then send a deposit to FSU if I dont hear anything.