Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dell's 1 day sale  (Read 623 times)

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Dell's 1 day sale
« on: April 13, 2005, 07:34:07 AM »
Dell is having a one day sale for 750 bucks off notebooks.  I had planned on July to buy my new one but do you think prices will get any better than this?  That is a pretty amazing sale.
Attending GW in Fall '06

snikrep

Re: Dell's 1 day sale
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 12:27:08 PM »
Coupon expired after 48 minutes, lol (it had a limit of 10,000 uses - gives you an idea of how popular this was).

Nice deal, wish I had gotten it in time.

Dazed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 02:50:19 PM »
Too bad none of were on the ball enough to find this and post it yesterday. I am sure that there would of been alot of LSDers with new 700ms. Anyone know how often something like this happens? Is there a chance that there might be a similar sale in the next few months, or am I better off just grabbing one of these off ebay and letting the dude that saved 750 make a couple of hundred off me, but still get it cheaper than Dell?

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 02:54:53 PM »
Our MIS guy said its a once in a year brand loyalty building thing so that those who wouldn't normally get a dell would.

I am not holding my breath.  I tried this morning and it was already too late.  I am totally bummed.

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 02:57:01 PM »
Its all BS, the hell with dell.  I am the one that posted this message originally and was online at 9:00AM exactly trying to make my purchase.  The website wouldn't follow through with the sale and I didn't get my computer.  I am really irritated.
Attending GW in Fall '06

Mirage1959

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 03:34:48 PM »
I question that promotion. The site said it started at 8:00am Eastern. I tried to purchase a laptop 4 times between 8:00am & 8:15am and repeatedly received a "expired coupon" message.

45 minutes of redemption my butt.

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 03:51:33 PM »
It started at 9:00AM easter actually.  Nonetheless, the site wouldn't let me check out.  I wrote multiple emails to customer service and will continue to do so.
Attending GW in Fall '06

ErinKG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 10:45:14 PM »
The last time this happened was back in October (maybe it was early November), so it definitely happens more than just once a year. When I was in the market for a laptop, I checked www.fatwallet.com daily (usually several times a day) and waited for the hot deals to get posted. I ended up getting a 600m (700m is too small for me) for less than $750 - normall would be $1600 or so. On another occasion I purchased my mom a 600m for $850, which isn't the best deal, but she was happy. My mom's deal happened early in the morning. There was a 1 hour window where you could get the previous day's rebates and still apply the next day's coupons. Kind of a fluke, but if you really want a good deal you have to stay on it and keep trying.

Erin